LegacyGT.com

accessport v1 vs. v2

kscottw

ok, so tell me....should i spend all that extra money to get a v2 ap or should i save a few bucks and get a used v1? Is there a huge difference between the two and is one going to have a different effect on my car versus the other?

ok, so tell me....should i spend all that extra money to get a v2 ap or should i save a few bucks and get a used v1? Is there a huge difference between the two and is one going to have a different effect on my car versus the other?

imo the v1, you flash then put away. youll get the same performance wise. only thing is the v2 is easier to use (not that v1 was hard by any means) faster, a few more bells and whistles and is much smaller.

as far as i know you cant order maps online for the v2 yet either, but im not 100% sure on that cause i have a v1.

I have one for sale with maps, but it's not new, $450.00 shipped.

It will be up for sale on Friday...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/MacR32/SaleStuff/IMG_0912.jpg

what did you use yours for? I have an 06 mt lgt, will it work for it? Im a noob to all this, so will a used ap have an effect on the car as far as power or anything along those lines are concerned?

what did you use yours for? I have an 06 mt lgt, will it work for it? Im a noob to all this, so will a used ap have an effect on the car as far as power or anything along those lines are concerned?

It will work just fine...

It have two stage 1 map on it,

- one is just with the Air panel Filter (which I would include) and the rest of the car stock.

- the second stage 1 map is for a Air Filter Panel and a PERRIN TMIC

It also has 2 Stage 2 maps on it,

- the first one is with the up & down pipes, TMIC, air filter panel,

- the second one has the addition of the Turbo Back Exhaust and a custom tune by TDC.

cool, i just wanna make sure before i purchase v1 or v2 that there is not something drastically different between the two..you know what i mean? Is the v2 more money just because it is smaller, and color screened or are there more advantages to the v2?

Is there a difference in models? I know the V2's have 2 models AP-SUB-001 and AP-SUB-002. I almost bought the wrong one on ebay by mistake. How many models of the V1 are there? Which one will work on my '05 5MT?

Thanks,

Brian

There are custom maps available for the V2, I know I have one from TDC. The V2 is much better hands down. It does more than just load maps, it also has a number of electronic gauges and other doo dads. It is worth the extra $$$ and if I did it over again I would still buy the V2. Honestly I feel most people who recommend to get the V1 are owner who have had no experience with the V2. Cobb has lot of plans in stored for the V2, including the abillity to have Launch Control!

Archived