LegacyGT.com

2.5i yokohama tire warranty??

mastabo

Alright, I could not find any info on this matter so here it goes.

After owning the car for about a week, I let my brother drive the car. As we arrived at our destination, he accidently hit one of those side walls that holds in the grass.(I do not know what they are called.) The wheels bumped into it and scraped like 4inches on the rims lip and ripped the tire. Afraid that the tire was going to get flat, I take it to firestone and have one of the guys look at it. He says the tire is okay and its just the rubber that is torn.

That was 2 weeks ago and the tire is still good.(just sad for the rim..maybe a buffing on the rim will do.)

My main question is, I took out the yokohoma factory tire warranty booklet from the car manual bag. It said that accidental damage to the tires are also covered. I called up yokohama and they told me to go to a authorized dealer.

So has anyone has had a problem like this and got their tire replaced under warranty??

I did with my 07 and i took it to discount tire and the had a look and they called yoko and gave them the information and gave me a new one under warranty but thats because the tire blew up on me when i was driving on the highway ..... Hope you have under 12K on the tire

Archived