LegacyGT.com

Pittsburgh Meets?

puzzled

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have the car ready by the 28th. I'm trying to have it done for a trip I have to state college next weekend.

Should be sick when you're finished.. Personally, I'd have the FMIC blackened for a stealthier look.

I originally wanted to go with a black core until I saw a few others at the PVGP and saw how noticible dings and easily chipped the black looks, and as this is still my dd, I don't want to be constantly touching up the black paint

where is linn run at and what is it exactly???

Ligonier, GoogleMaps: Linn Run, you'll see it..

It's a state park, great PA backroads, very nice area..

I originally wanted to go with a black core until I saw a few others at the PVGP and saw how noticible dings and easily chipped the black looks, and as this is still my dd, I don't want to be constantly touching up the black paint

True.. I recently met Mycues from NASIOC, and his black FMIC was pretty dinged up..

Anyone else in for Oct 28th..?

I could definately do a Ligonier meet. I'll have to track down that NASIOC thread.

There's an autox that day at Beaverun (probably the last of the season) that I'm trying to get my Nissan up and running for but I don't know if it's going to be ready or not. Hopefully this weekend I won't run into any problems with it and it will be back on the road (after 2 years in the garage).

Hello. I live in Evans City and have a 05 Legacy GT. The stock tires now have about 38k miles and need replaced.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what all season tires I should buy that are relatively inexpensive and where can I get them in the Pgh area?

Thanks!

Well start with research, you could start with http://www.tirerack.com they have all sorts of brands and tires, then go from there when you have picked out a few tires.

-Currently i have a set of Pirelli Cinturato P3000 on however they are more of a snow tire than all seasons, most of us pittsburghers' have two sets-summer and winter

Hello. I live in Evans City and have a 05 Legacy GT. The stock tires now have about 38k miles and need replaced.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what all season tires I should buy that are relatively inexpensive and where can I get them in the Pgh area?

Thanks!

Personally, I buy the tires online, and have them shipped to either an installer or my home where I can take them to a local tire place..

ContiExtemeContacts are a great all season, 400 treadlife, suitable for our winters, and decently priced..

Personally, I buy the tires online, and have them shipped to either an installer or my home where I can take them to a local tire place..

ContiExtemeContacts are a great all season, 400 treadlife, suitable for our winters, and decently priced..

I'll second the ContiExtremeContacts for all season. I have had good experiences with them in snow, slush, wet, dry.

Right now I'm running dedicated winter / summer tires, but that's really not necessary around here. It never snows in Pittsburgh anymore :(

Best thing to do is order your tires from Tirerack, and have them direct shipped to one of their recommended installers. I love Tony's Auto Service in Etna. Tony does an excellent job. I've had about 3 sets of tires mounted & balanced by him, without single scratch on any of my wheels. He does it cheaper than most as well.

Hey fellas. Do any of you know if Iron City does brewery tours?; I looked on the site and didnt see anything.

That's a good question. I want to say that they do (or at least used to), but you are probably better off just giving them a call and asking.

That's a good question. I want to say that they do (or at least used to), but you are probably better off just giving them a call and asking.

Thanks. I want to try to make out it next summer to catch a Bucs game and I was trying to think of other fun stuff to do besides what we did when we went a couple years ago.

Archived