LegacyGT.com

Anyone have Yoko advant tires? (ROAD NOISE)

NYCBRED

my new 07 2.5i LTD came with Yokohama Advant 205/50/17 tires....they seem EXTREMELY road noisey... (like more noisey than the most expensive POS Michelin Pilot Sports)

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I don't have the tires. But a friend of mine "has" them. This last week the tired seperated and shredded out because a belt was out of alignment. Yoko's are normally very good tires. But I recommend you get them checked out. He had alot of road noise as well...

I plan on getting the Pilot Exalto A/S after the oem yoko's wear out.

We were disappointed with the Pilot Exalto A/S on their second winter on our V70. They were OK the first winter, but second winter they seemed quite slippery, and it was a pretty minor winter here in the Northeast. I will not buy them again.

thanks for the feedback so far guys.....I am definitely susceptible to noise, I seem to have an acute ear for it for some odd reason...the smallest creak/rattle will bug the crap out of me until I resolve it or toss the car (heirgo 16 cars in 10 years for me)

The car is very well built but the road noise coupled with the ridiculously low treadwear rating is making me wonder why subaru used these tires......although I definitely prefer these over the crap overpriced Michelin MXV's that Honda, Acura and Hyundai use on their cars....

I don't think the set will last me past the summer so I guess I'll move on to the Pirelli P4's or some Falkens or Nittos

I have them on two of my cars and they are not very noisy IMO. I think for stock tires, they are pretty sweet in all conditions. I have always liked Yokohama tires. Actually, I was happy to see anything other than the RE92's on the cars when I bought them.

NYCBRED

So you do not like Michelin Pilots or MXV. Any bad experience with Michelin?

I think most, if not all, Michelins are decent tires with premium price.

In short I like Michelins but I do not like their price.

Krzys

NYCBRED

So you do not like Michelin Pilots or MXV. Any bad experience with Michelin?

I think most, if not all, Michelins are decent tires with premium price.

In short I like Michelins but I do not like their price.

Krzys

I most definitely have a problem with Michelins...every pair I've ever had has crapped on me before they should've.....The hondas and hyundais I've owned came with MXV's stock.....before they wore out, the sidewalls would firecrack and dry out.....I was told this is typical for Michelins...

My last car (94 Saab) I had purchased Pilot sports for at Costco (I had a coupon for a ridiculous amount off)...after 20k, they were practically bald...and I never drove my saab hard ( I couldn't, the BMW ZF trannies in there are soooo weak and expensive to replace/repair)

I've had great luck with Nitto and Falken. Pirelli tread design is just plain sexy to me and I've always wondered how they react.

It seems that my road noise has either subdued somewhat or my ears are learning to cope....I bought the subie with 10miles on her and now she has almost 200 miles..maybe they need to "break in" with the rest of the car?

Archived