LegacyGT.com

Anyone familiar with Australian wine?

godwhomismike

Guest JessterCPA
Any wine afficianado worth his salt would know that the screw top is the way to go. No chance of wine being corked, better seal, etc.

Many high end wines now only come with screw tops.

Anyone that reads anything about wines, or talkes to educated wine shop owners knows the value of the screw top. BUt other people, or peopel who used to know about wine don't get it.

One of my dinner guests made the remark, "I'd never buy a wine with a screw top" :confused:

Technologically, it just makes sense. Liek heights said, all those problems from cork, or even synthetic cork go away. I do love using my Screwpull, but a screw cap is FTW.

Jesse

Hahahahah MIKE WTF. Red Wine FTMFW!

:whore: That's fo sho dawg!!! When I went to a winery in OZ, off the Gold Coast, it was awesome. As a matter of fact you can order direct from them.

Here's their site......

http://www.albertriverwines.com.au/

Anyways, Shiraz is one of my favorite wines. It's kind of funny how cheap the wine is in OZ. One of our friends had a Good bottle of Shiraz and he got it for like $4.50 over there :lol:

edit: if you order from these people you HAVE to get a bottle of the Red Belly port. It's named after one of the most Poisonous Snakes in Australia. It's absolutely fabulous and after you pour/taste it you know why it's named that. ;)

I took pics of the winery, I'll try and post them tomorrow :)

:munch:

With liquor - I'm a bit snobbish. I look for the best within my means. :)

Me too, but I have been known to buy some nasty stuff as gag gifts for house warming parties or nice dinners at a friends. Try it sometime, it's a cheap laugh.

Me too, but I have been known to buy some nasty stuff as gag gifts for house warming parties or nice dinners at a friends. Try it sometime, it's a cheap laugh.

Kinda like Dubra vodka - $11 for a handle. Definitely the worst shit I ever drank - for 2 or 3 days, I felt like I had burned a hold though my stomach. :spin::eek:

I don't drink much vodka, and never cheap vodka. It looks like and smells like rubbing alcohol to me, so for all I know the cheap Boone's Farm or Darby's vodka could be diluted rubbing alcohol for all I know.

I'm a single barrel bourbon, or single malt scotch guy when it comes to enjoying a drink.

Archived