LegacyGT.com

XM radio install

Hey all...I just picked up an 05 legacy 2.5 gt limited and had an XM radio installed in my old car. I had a pretty seamless install (cords were only exposed for about 3 or 4 inches to plug into the actual unit. That was a pretty stock car, with the Legacy, I don't want to mess up any of the panels or anything like that. Anyone have any good sites that show me which ones will just pop off and ones that screw off? Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Hey all...I just picked up an 05 legacy 2.5 gt limited and had an XM radio installed in my old car. I had a pretty seamless install (cords were only exposed for about 3 or 4 inches to plug into the actual unit. That was a pretty stock car, with the Legacy, I don't want to mess up any of the panels or anything like that. Anyone have any good sites that show me which ones will just pop off and ones that screw off? Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Hey pedro! welcome. take some time to search here for XM installs. ONe good on line store to look for mounting brackets in Myradiostore.com.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hey pedro! welcome. take some time to search here for XM installs. ONe good on line store to look for mounting brackets in Myradiostore.com.

Thanks for the link and the welcome! The radio came with a mounting unit, so I'm ok in that aspect. I tried searching before I posted and didn't come up with anything conclusive. So I'm still looking for links if anyone knows of any. Thanks!

Thanks for the link and the welcome! The radio came with a mounting unit, so I'm ok in that aspect. I tried searching before I posted and didn't come up with anything conclusive. So I'm still looking for links if anyone knows of any. Thanks!

where do you want to mount it, and what unit do you have? I have the roady2 and I just put it in the cubby pod. only had to drill one whole for the wires. no pics right now, I'm at work.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

just read your orig. post again. the whole cubby pod pops out with a little coaxing.

just read your orig. post again. the whole cubby pod pops out with a little coaxing.

I have the roady XT...so would it be feasable to pop out the cubby just to get the wires through (I have a mount that connects right on the air vent), and take off a few of the lower panels to power adapter to the cigarette lighter and the satellite wire to the right side of the radio to be able to feed it under the glove box area-ish?

Archived