LegacyGT.com

Impreza intake fit on a Legacy?

DPSubie

I've heard that air intakes made for the older (98-99) impreza will fit on the 00-04 Legacy. Has anyone done this mod or know if it actually true? With the lack of parts for 00-04 Legacy I was thinking about going this route. Any input would be great.

Awesome thanks for the info guys. It's just kind of weird that if the intakes made for the 2.5 RS work for the Legacy, why aren't the cross referenced. It would make sense to me, but oh well.

Prior to going with the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) system, Subaru used the older Manifold Air Flow sensor (MAF). Subaru started using the newer MAP setup on their Japanese-built Impreza in 1999 (technically in late 1998 as a 1999 model year), but the US-built Legacys and Outbacks did not switch over to the newer setup until the 2000 model year.

The reason why they didnt all convert at the exact same time is perhaps most likely because they had a large inventory of the older Phase-I EJ25 2.5 liter engines, and the older model Legacys were designed for this engine.

The 2000+ Model year Legacys used the Phase-II EJ25 engine blocks, and MAP system, just like the Japanese built models.

• 5 months later...

Archived