LegacyGT.com

Calling all GPMoto Coilover owners....

bskey

I'm installing mine next weekend and was hoping to get some advice on the settings so I can have them somewhat setup before I install them. Your avice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Brett

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Frist of all you can only go so low with these. You're not suposed to lower the spring prech so don't expect to be slamed. they ride fine but when you hit a bump you know you have coilovers and not some springs and stock strut combo. Getting them set how you like them is a personal thing and I am about two levels frimer in the rear and lower overall in the front than the back, to help promote overstreer ( since the car thends to push in the turns) I have some camber in the front and air pressure diffrences to tie it all up. If you like to go on the twisties you will love them but if you like the soft driving on a cloud felling you might not be so happy. Enjoy

SoCalSleeper.

SoCal, thanks for the info. I'm upgrading from Tein S tech's, so I think the ride should improve no matter how I tune it. So I'm not supposed to lower the spring perch? I tried and I couldnt get it to adjust, and I guess this is why. The springs right now arent tight, but I'm sure once the weight of the vehicle is there, it will change. How much lower than stock height is it?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I can get mine low enough to sit right about at the tire level in the front and rear, plenty low. As far as the spring perch, you should be able to spin them, they just sometimes are a pain to do so. But you want to make sure the perches are high enough for there to be no movement in the spring. My camber is set to not wear my tires, period. Right now I am currently running them on the softest setting, which is a bit under dampened but a great ride for the the height and much firmer than stock.

Just a note -- I purchased additional springs from an Australian dealer recently so if you find out your too stiff or soft, it's an option. I haven't put them on yet (the coilovers) so can't give you any tips.

Archived