LegacyGT.com

Help? High beam indicator flashing after HID install.

ERLoft

Ok, gotta make this one quick. I installed H3 foglight HID's last week. No problems. Today I finish installing H7 & 9005's. (One ballast was bad, that had been for a 9005, getting it replaced, but I don't think it's related.)

So, I used a relay harness on the H7's. Now, when I turn on the low beam H7's and the foglights, I get the high beam indicator flashing. Kinda annoying. Especially since it seems that what I wired my ProSport Boost gauge amber switch to, so if flashes as well. Any ideas on what could be the cause? I had initially though that this was an indicator of a bulb out, as the passenger's side H7 isn't connected since there's a relay, but seeing as how it doesn't flash if the foglights are off, I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any help!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, DRL are disabled.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sounds like it's not drawing the correct amps..

How would that be and how to solve it? Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what you need to do is to go back to stock and then one by one add your new setup components and narrow the problem down. one step at a time. you get an answer real quick as to who the cuplrit is.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Well, just a quick update...

The ballast was my own stupidity. No actual problems, the high beams work fine.

It seems that lo beams & fogs aren't playing nice. I'm thinking I'll install a relay for the foglights and see where that gets me...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Full HID across the board on your setup Ed? There's another wiring relay harness somewhere if I can just figure it out. I also might try removing the relay as well to see if the problem is in part that the car doesn't think anything's plugged into the passneger's side low beam. Either that or a resistor for the stock wiring harness to make it think that there's a light there. Anyone have any idea how many ohms the resistor would need to be, or know how to figure it out?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
Been a while, but I believe what got this taken care of for me is that I switched my foglights to fully independent operation. Search for the foglight mod I think...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Archived