LegacyGT.com

cobb dicount code?

dont know anything about that but i purchased all of my COBB stuff from this guy.

http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=17364

Really good deal on all of the parts. I seen in another thread that you already purchased your stuff. But i can tell you i was given a price that was at least a couple of hundered $$$ less than what COBB wanted from there site.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

^ Why is that? I don't see any reason why you can't discuss pricing to get a good deal? If the retailer has a problem with it, they should lower their price.

I know that certain companies like tein want to regulate the price of their goods. Most resellers sell them for roughly the same price. Look around at different online stores an you'll see how this works. An easy example is Cobb's AP. Everyone sells it for 695, unless there is a group buy or whatever.

So official resellers cannot advertise prices that are lower than that. That's why when they post a deal or something here it's usually done over PM's.

It's not inter-retailer bickering. It's the retailer getting punished or whatever by the manufacturer for going against their rules.

car for sale. PM me!

I know that certain companies like tein want to regulate the price of their goods. Most resellers sell them for roughly the same price. Look around at different online stores an you'll see how this works. An easy example is Cobb's AP. Everyone sells it for 695, unless there is a group buy or whatever.

So official resellers cannot advertise prices that are lower than that. That's why when they post a deal or something here it's usually done over PM's.

It's not inter-retailer bickering. It's the retailer getting punished or whatever by the manufacturer for going against their rules.

Ah good old PRICE FIXING. It is ILLEGAL, Don't accept it. If you are in the US look up the Sherman Act, in Canada it is a the Competition Act.

Ah good old PRICE FIXING. It is ILLEGAL, Don't accept it. If you are in the US look up the Sherman Act, in Canada it is a the Competition Act.

I'm just relaying info I was told.

in practice it's price fixing. if it's illegal they've managed a way to bypass that. although i think in your reference it's more of an anti-monopoly sort of thing.

there are other companies pushing suspension products other than tein so i dont know if the sherman act applies here.

car for sale. PM me!

guys,

COBB Tuning requires that all of their products be listed at MSRP prices and they they are sold at MSRP prices by the dealers

This insures that everyone pays the same price but more importantly, COBB products retain higher resale value compared to similar products from other vendors,

i hope that this makes sense

I'm just relaying info I was told.

in practice it's price fixing. if it's illegal they've managed a way to bypass that. although i think in your reference it's more of an anti-monopoly sort of thing.

there are other companies pushing suspension products other than tein so i dont know if the sherman act applies here.

guys,

COBB Tuning requires that all of their products be listed at MSRP prices and they they are sold at MSRP prices by the dealers

This insures that everyone pays the same price but more importantly, COBB products retain higher resale value compared to similar products from other vendors,

i hope that this makes sense

In other words....price fixing. My guess is that if a reseller of Cobb's stuff starts selling for less than MSRP....suddenly there's gonna be trouble in the "supply" of any future Cobb products. And I call complete B friggin' S on the "retain higher resale value" part. Yeah, like I'm sure Cobb is concerned about what I can resell my AP for......:lol:

it's all about Cobb being able to tell resellers that they'll make a set profit on each unit without being undercut by another vendor. We aren't fools.

Don't worry though, it's a common practice we're all used to...from console video games to high end audio visual products. Us buyers are used to being screwed....but don't try and play it off as a benefit to the consumer.

P.S.

I'll probably be in the market for an AP as soon as I get my LGT back from the body shop.....

Price fixing is collusion among sellers. This is a case of the manufacturer insisting that its dealers charge full list price. The sellers aren't agreeing amongst themselves, they're being dictated to by the manufacturer.

^^ what he said. (hopefully it's the same thing as what i said..:p)

car for sale. PM me!

Well, who cares about semantics....the fact is Cobb is dictating the price that resellers can sell their AP for. Call it what you will.....but you're still gonna pay $695 for your AP. I'm not saying it's wrong at all, as I fully agree that a person can sell their product for whatever they want and set whatever rules about selling it they want. It is still America after all and we don't need to buy an AP. Cobb nor any reseller is not in the wrong in what they do.

I've just got a problem when someone tries to tell me the fixed price is to benefit me by way of future resale value. Just call it what it is....don't try and snow job me.

Well, who cares about semantics....the fact is Cobb is dictating the price that resellers can sell their AP for. Call it what you will.....but you're still gonna pay $695 for your AP. I'm not saying it's wrong at all, as I fully agree that a person can sell their product for whatever they want and set whatever rules about selling it they want. It is still America after all and we don't need to buy an AP. Cobb nor any reseller is not in the wrong in what they do.

I've just got a problem when someone tries to tell me the fixed price is to benefit me by way of future resale value. Just call it what it is....don't try and snow job me.

I didnt say anything about resale value. but i agree with you completely. This is not for us at all.

it's for the manufacturer, plain and simple.

car for sale. PM me!

Price fixing is collusion among sellers. This is a case of the manufacturer insisting that its dealers charge full list price. The sellers aren't agreeing amongst themselves, they're being dictated to by the manufacturer.

Ahh, what you describe is still illegal -> anti-competitive conduct. See good 'ole Mr. Sherman and each state's counterpart. MSRP is a SUGGESTED price. A manufacturer can suggest the price of its products for resale, but cannot require it, per se, or dictate it. Same reason why, for example, Panasonic cannot require that best buy sell its plasmas at anything except MSRP... etcetera etcetera.

Trust me, I know ;)

well i dont really care about all of that crap. i was just advertising the place in which i got all of my parts from on here, that treated me great. and is an approved vendor i might add. was just sending them some buisness. i'm sure they dont ming me sending them some buisness. but i understand your point though.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

shiggins, COBB is doing NO such thing, As an example, EXON, MOBIL, BP just had a meeting yesterday to keep driving prices of gasoline up so they reach 4USD/gallon for 87 Octane by say June 1, thats you textbook example of price fixing.

Anywho, when you ready to get the AP, i have plenty in stock, 695USD with FREE shipping and some PLTek,ll/COBB air freshners :lol:

here is a Wikipedia definition of price fixing (collusion)

Price fixing is an agreement between business competitors to sell the same product or service at the same price. In general, it is an agreement intended to ultimately push the price of a product as high as possible, leading to profits for all the sellers. Price-fixing can also involve any agreement to fix, peg, discount or stabilize prices. The principal feature is any agreement on price, whether express or implied. For the buyer, meanwhile, the practice results in a phenomenon similar to price gouging.

Methods of price fixing can include selling at a common target price; setting a common "minimum" price; buying the product from a supplier at a specified "maximum" price; adhering to a price book or list price; engagement in cooperative price advertising; standardizing financial credit terms offered to purchasers; using uniform trade-in allowances; limiting discounts; discontinuing a free service or fixing the price of one component of an overall service; adhering uniformly to previously-announced prices and terms of sale; establishing uniform costs and markups; imposing mandatory surcharges; purposefully reducing output or sales; or purposefully sharing or "pooling" markets, territories, or customers.

Generally, price fixing is illegal, but it may nevertheless be tolerated or even sanctioned by some governments at various times, particularly among those whose countries are developing economies. See also the article Collusion.

In neo-classical economics, price fixing is inefficient: the anti-competitive agreement by producers to fix prices above the market price transfers some of the consumer surplus to those producers and also results in a deadweight loss.

In other words....price fixing. My guess is that if a reseller of Cobb's stuff starts selling for less than MSRP....suddenly there's gonna be trouble in the "supply" of any future Cobb products. And I call complete B friggin' S on the "retain higher resale value" part. Yeah, like I'm sure Cobb is concerned about what I can resell my AP for......:lol:

it's all about Cobb being able to tell resellers that they'll make a set profit on each unit without being undercut by another vendor. We aren't fools.

Don't worry though, it's a common practice we're all used to...from console video games to high end audio visual products. Us buyers are used to being screwed....but don't try and play it off as a benefit to the consumer.

P.S.

I'll probably be in the market for an AP as soon as I get my LGT back from the body shop.....

Ahh, what you describe is still illegal -> anti-competitive conduct. See good 'ole Mr. Sherman and each state's counterpart. MSRP is a SUGGESTED price. A manufacturer can suggest the price of its products for resale, but cannot require it, per se, or dictate it. Same reason why, for example, Panasonic cannot require that best buy sell its plasmas at anything except MSRP... etcetera etcetera.

Trust me, I know ;)

Apple Computers, anyone?

Archived