LegacyGT.com

HID Kit Help Please!

ERLoft

Ok, received my HID's & no instructions :(.

The relay and it's connections is especially confusing me.

So, here's the pic of what I've got. (Only 1 bulb and ballast pictured. There is also 1 more relay harness, but that may be for the 9005 high beams I got as well...)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/IMG_1741.jpg

In the picture, obvious are the ground and power leads. Also obvoius are the connections from the ballast to the bulb.

The questions are:

1) Is only one relay needed for both sides? Sure looks like it to me.

2) The green two prong connector. Sure looks like it'd connect up to the stock wiring harness where the wires actually connect to the H7 bulb. Is this correct?

3) Assuming that I'm right with #2, then I connect it to the driver's side, and run the two black and yellow connectors to the driver's side (short one) and passenger's side (long one), where they plug into the ballasts. The ballasts then plug into the standard bulb connectors.

4) Which leaves me wondering, WTF are the extra wires and connector attached to the bulb that pass through the grommet for??? One side is the standard black & yellow connector, the other side is has power and ground male spade connectors. I'll be damned if I can figure out what to do with them, other than remove them...

If anyone has a scan or a pic of the instructions from the Xenon Store kit, please post or let me know if I've got it right!

Thanks,

Eric

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nevermind. Did a test and things worked the way I figured they would. The extra connector/wires from the bulb must be used for a different connection system or something.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're right. Those wires would be used if you connected the system without a relay. If you look at the pic without your relay there, the black and yellow connectors would connect as you have them now, the connector on the end of the long wire would run to the ballast and the spade connectors would plug into the stock H7 harness in the headlight housing for power.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. (Lightbulb finally goes off upstairs)

Thanks! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived