LegacyGT.com

new 07 and my paint is chipping... anyone else?

So i baught a 2.5i about 7 months ago and I already have 23000miles on it... I noticed a few weeks ago that my paint is chipping right in front of my rear wheels. Right below the back doors. The chips are very small but they are so noticable... Its probably an area of a good square foot that is chipping. Now also I have a few good sized chips in my hood as well... SUCKS! I went to subaru and they said its the clear coat doing its job and theres no way to fix it. I got some compound and wax and it didnt help at all... Any ideas?

So Yeah this picture is of the side panel chipage... the car is all buffed and waxed so it looks like dirt but its actually chips....any ideas?

car_2.jpg.e5656f8488ee76508d782aa66b1cf7b6.jpg

Wow, and I thought I drove a lot!

I haven't driven mine through the winter at all, so there are really no chips on the front end...yet. Thats inevitable.

BUT, I washed the car yesterday, and there is a very distinct chip above the RR wheel well, and Ihave no idea how it got there, along with a nice scuff on the lower part of the rear bumper. Not noticable to others, but with my attention to detail, I saw them pretty quick.

I have no idea how they got there, the car hasn't gone anywhere, I'm beginning to think it happened at the dealer when I dropped it off for an oil change for a day. The car was flawless when I bought it, I went over it with a fine tooth comb. Really thin paint, that chip is basically down to the metal, sucks this always happens to the car I barely ever drive. Last year my old car was scraped up in my own driveway by a dog who was trying to get a cat on the roof of the car.

Wow, and I thought I drove a lot!

I haven't driven mine through the winter at all, so there are really no chips on the front end...yet. Thats inevitable.

BUT, I washed the car yesterday, and there is a very distinct chip above the RR wheel well, and Ihave no idea how it got there, along with a nice scuff on the lower part of the rear bumper. Not noticable to others, but with my attention to detail, I saw them pretty quick.

I have no idea how they got there, the car hasn't gone anywhere, I'm beginning to think it happened at the dealer when I dropped it off for an oil change for a day. The car was flawless when I bought it, I went over it with a fine tooth comb. Really thin paint, that chip is basically down to the metal, sucks this always happens to the car I barely ever drive. Last year my old car was scraped up in my own driveway by a dog who was trying to get a cat on the roof of the car.

ugh..is this dog still alive or did u commit murder?

question for the 2.5I owners, when u fill you tank up how many miles do u get 280 right? or 330?

I usually get anywhere from 325-400 to the tank. I do alot of highway driving though. And thanks I didnt know about how fragile the paint is... I do wash my car alot... Ill go easier now. thanks guys

question for the 2.5I owners, when u fill you tank up how many miles do u get 280 right? or 330?

I usually get anywhere from 325-400 to the tank. I do alot of highway driving though. And thanks I didnt know about how fragile the paint is... I do wash my car alot... Ill go easier now. thanks guys

It seems to be an issue with all of my legacy wagons.

You could buy some clear bra film and cut a custom piece. I drive on dirt roads all the time so I figured that was how it happened to my cars.

I think you can buy that film for $50 on ebay. I have it on the front of my car and you can't really see it if the car is clean.

i thought i had a lot of miles- 13,000 in 5 months. now with the paint, i think im having the same prob after washing my car today. it looks like dirt so when its wet you dont notice it but once it is dry you can see it. im taking it to my dealership to see what they say. ill keep you posted on what happens to me.

-Matt

yeah the gt sucks on mileage, i get 200 in city and around 400 highway.....hate the mileage but love the turbo anyways.....about the chips, i have a small one but thats from a ******* rockhauler, my windshield is also peppered with tiny tiny scratches......

Archived