LegacyGT.com

OEM skidplate

Help, when I bought my car ( 06 legacy SE) I looked under it and I could swear I remember seeing a black skidplate covering the oilpan etc...

Now I got my car back from its 15k svc I was looking under the car to do my foglights, and now I can see the header pipes and the oilpan etc... There are black covers on the sides, but nothing in the center.

I called the dealer, they said they would order one and replace it, but, they called me back, said they cant order a part for a car that didnt come with one. Whats going on? Am I nuts and am remembering something that was never there?

The dealer is having me bring it in to check it out.

Alex

All cars will benefit from a smoother air flow under the engine. It improves gas mileage a little bit. I've seen them on Camry's, minivans, etc... They vary in size depending upon how willing the mfg is to get that little bit extra to help with CAFE.

I believe the 2.5i Limited Legacies and the cars with the 3.0 H6 got the big fairing as well as the LGT.

untitled1.gif.eb3dd2faa66ac298c8a4e29369a132af.gif

Did you see my post?

The 2.5i Limited gets the same P/N as the LGT. This was confirmed in a previous thread. I think someone with a 2.5i Limited wagon asked about it. The 3.0 gets a different P/N.

And lots of NA cars (not subies) have big fairings under the engines.

Hey, I don't own a 2.5i. All I know is that someone with a 2.5i Limited said that he had a full fairing. I checked the P/N and it is listed for the 2.5i Limited.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=582742#post582742

And, I'm telling you... these fairings are pretty common on NA cars. Some large and some small.

Archived