LegacyGT.com

AVO380 times...

sofi

Hey guys, I've been looking all over this site...Does anyone know what 1320 or 0-60 times are like for LGTs equipped with the avo380:confused: I've seen plenty of dyno charts but no stats on times. Anyone with a 380 speak up!

• 2 weeks later...

Best figures I've been able to collect say the 18G is 39 lb/min and the 20G is 44lb/min. The AVO380 is 45lb/min which puts it much closer to the 20G realm. With (if the claims pan out) cooler intake temps and faster spool due to the smaller hotside than its big-brother AVO420 (also 45lb/min, but larger hotside).

The same day LBGT's car hit 337/322, an 18G Legacy hit 282/262. The meth probably helped in LBGT's case, but still, that's quite a jump. And there's reason to believe he can get more power out of it with fuel upgrades.

Naturally, they say the dyno reads low... But the 18G doesn't seem to be worth much more than the plumbing upgrades behind it, as far as I can tell. A little more, yes, but not a lot.

Best figures I've been able to collect say the 18G is 39 lb/min and the 20G is 44lb/min. The AVO380 is 45lb/min which puts it much closer to the 20G realm. With (if the claims pan out) cooler intake temps and faster spool due to the smaller hotside than its big-brother AVO420 (also 45lb/min, but larger hotside).

The same day LBGT's car hit 337/322, an 18G Legacy hit 282/262. The meth probably helped in LBGT's case, but still, that's quite a jump. And there's reason to believe he can get more power out of it with fuel upgrades.

Know this though...the 380 is rated a little larger than the 18G but usually there dyno plots are about the same. The topend going to the 380. Even though the 20g is about the same size it's power levels are higher than what I have seen accomplished with a 380 but a little less than the AVO420.

As you mentioned meth tends to give you quite a increase;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Naturally, they say the dyno reads low... But the 18G doesn't seem to be worth much more than the plumbing upgrades behind it, as far as I can tell. A little more, yes, but not a lot.

Simply not true... Here is a comparison of a stage2 vs my avo400 setup. This is before the final set of tweaking that took me to 300 whp:

http://www.tdctuning.com/dynocharts/vf400.GIF

Here is the same comparison on scans007's 18G (although with a different dyno setup so the numbers are scaled differently):

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/Data/Dyno/18gFMIC.GIF

I don't know guys if the 18g had an intake or OEM CBE, I imagine it had minimal mods. Remember though that the GT30 they did only got 350 and the FPG only got 300.

The AVO380 will walk away from an 18g, no question. A 20g is a different story as it likely has a less restricitive hotside possibly allowing higher top end numbers, but maybe not either.

The AVO380 may be the spool of an 18g and the topend of the 20g.

What usually does better, a 20G or an FPG?

^ Well these are the 18g results from my first trip out there(vs the one above).

So after perrin headers, prodrive boost selenoid, full tbe (vs just dp, and perrin y-pipe), 8cm housing, aem intake, smc alcohol kit. And lots not forget, just the fact that the turner gets to spend more time with your car makes a big difference. I think thats a pretty big before/after with basically the same turbo.

http://sutternow.com/pics/lgt/dynos/18gdyno1sm.png

re: though that the GT30 they did only got 350

I believe the owner of the GT30 asked for conservative numbers.

I am sure you are right, I still think it shows that PDX's new mustang dyno is a very low reading one.

Archived