LegacyGT.com

Creaks and Clunks while breaking or acellerating..

Zate

Anyone else have various relatively loud creakings.. clunkings and weird noises while breaking or acellerating ?.. sometimes just even going over bumps.. it sounds like motor mounts.. or breaks.. or suspension.. i cant track it down though..its annoying as hell.. my only beef with the car so far.. just done 1000 miles and its getting worse.. not better.. any ideas ?... i am going to take it to my dealership and let Opie take a look when i get back from my honeymoon.

Is the car stock? You may want to check the dogbone engine mount(if it has one). My WRX had the same TOTALLY annoying sounds that I simply couldn't find. Well, it's between the engine and firewall and is designed to keep the engine from pitching fore and aft (also called a pitch stop). Look behind/below the intercooler to find it. Mine had gotten loose a couple of bolt turns at the firewall mount and was creaking and groaning every time I accellerated and stopped (even at low speeds). The torque spec for the attatchment (in the WRX) was 43ft/lbs. The good news is...once it's tightened, your probs dissappear! Hope this may help.

[quote name='Zate']Anyone else have various relatively loud creakings.. clunkings and weird noises while breaking or acellerating ?.. sometimes just even going over bumps.. it sounds like motor mounts.. or breaks.. or suspension.. i cant track it down though..its annoying as hell.. my only beef with the car so far.. just done 1000 miles and its getting worse.. not better.. any ideas ?... i am going to take it to my dealership and let Opie take a look when i get back from my honeymoon.[/QUOTE] Look here... [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3514[/url]

My rear seat makes a creaking sound upon braking or accelerating when someone is sitting on it... I assumed it was something that just needed oiling or something, but I'm too lazy to bring it in to the dealer to check...

Yes, I started that thread. I have a 5EAT, I thought it was limited to auto cars, apparently some 5MT users also have this? Anyway I have the exact same scenario, it's much more apparent when backing up with the wheel turned. I still have it, but I'm taking it in to the dealer again tomorrow. They didn't fix it the first time, hopefully this time they'll find it. I'll keep you all posted. [quote name='trseeley']Look here... [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3514[/url][/QUOTE]

Well I took it to the dealer last friday and left the car there for a couple hours. They seem to have fixed the problem. The clunk noise disappeared. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if it comes back. Bascially what they did was to lube all engine and transmission mounts, suspension. Tighten all bolts. They did not say which part specifically caused the noise. I wish they did. Maybe they could not narrow it down at all. Who knows.

Archived