LegacyGT.com

got the foglight kit, need help

Alex C

I got the foglight kit from my dealer on sale, less than 300 total including covers. however, I dont want to lose my radiop settings or the ECM memory and I have the car getting good mileage (~400miles per tank). Do I have to unhook the battery to do this? the dealer said I can get an attachment that will plug into the accessory port in the car and keep power to those things, but after going on a wild goose chase to the stores they mentioned no one knows what im talking about.

Thanks,

Alex

i unplugged the gnd on the battery when i did this about a month ago and for some reason, my auto tranny started to shift early at low rpms from 2nd to 3rd to 4th. i would accelerate and once it hit about 4k rpm it would shift to 2nd and then when it got to about 2500 rpm then 500 rpm later to 3rd. my mods were only resonantor delete and perrin foam filter on my 2.5i. i put everything back to stock(air filter and resonator) and it seems to be fine now. i put my perrin filter back but kept the resonator on and so far so good. i guess the ecu finally learned the filter again.

I went ahead and did it, the ecu seemed to remember my current MPG avg. The whole job took me 50 minutes, and that was not knowing where anything was, including the well hid plug for the drivers side fog light.

Alex

I went ahead and did it, the ecu seemed to remember my current MPG avg. The whole job took me 50 minutes, and that was not knowing where anything was, including the well hid plug for the drivers side fog light.

Alex

Got that right, that plug had me stumped for over a day. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my fog lights last night but I cant find the drivers side wire. Where is it?!? I did find one but it looks like a different connector and it doesn't reach. Please help!

I just got my fog lights last night but I cant find the drivers side wire. Where is it?!? I did find one but it looks like a different connector and it doesn't reach. Please help!

reach WAAAAY up there its tied up

Archived