LegacyGT.com

Where's the boost?

iuksob03

I don't know whether it is me just getting used to the car or what, but it seems like when I first got the car, I would accelerate from first gear and the car would give a nice little buck when the turbo would kick in. Now that buck has disappeared and it's just straight line acceleration. The car doesn't feel nearly as fast and it sounds like the engine is working harder to accelerate. I've already set up an appointment with my dealer, but what do you guys think it could be? Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Funny you mention this. I found the same thing yesterday driving around after voting. Reset the ECU a few days before, and upping the acceleration as I near 1K. Noticed that surge with a little gas pedal push at 3K (usually in 4th or 5th on the highway) or so to be gone, just more even pull throughout rev range. -B

Yeah, I mean it's not that big a deal as long as the car remains as quick as when I got it. This being my first turbocharged car, I really got a kick out of the instant jolt back in the seat. You said you reset the ecu and the surge characteristic still wasn't there? If the adaptive ecu is the reason for change to linear acceleration, wouldn't the reset "unlearn" the ecu?

Archived