LegacyGT.com

Horizonal Headlight Beam cutoff?

frathouse87

Alright, I have searched for days and found many people discussing how there is a horizonal cutoff of the headlight beams. Obviously it is there so that it will not blind the people in front of you, but it seriously annoys me and I want to fix it before I get my HID's on sautrday.

I know there is a way to do it because I read something about turning the housing to 8 o'clock position or something, but honestly, I just got my legacy on tuesday and I need it broken down a little more for me please :lol:

Zac

Uh, cutoff=good, especially if you're getting HIDs. Not having the cutoff is like driving around with your high beams on all the time. I regularly get flashed when I'm facing uphill at a stoplight, because the cars across the intersection are below the cutoff and think I've got my highs on.

So, my advice: leave the cutoff. Don't risk blinding oncoming drivers - they might run into you and ruin you new HID setup!

~Zach

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

lol very good point, and taken. However, is there any possible way to raise it even a little bit? I feel it is a bit low, at least now. With my HID setup my opinion might change but would I just allign the entire headlight housing to just point a little higher?

Zac

Archived