LegacyGT.com

Tow hitch for 05 LGT

I know this is a spent subject, but I really would like to get a hitch on my LGT that looks good on it. Are there any? Any pics of them installed on 05+ legacy sedans? Thanks (P.S. I will be towing a small snowmobile trailer and a small ATV trailer thats pretty much it)

I bought a Drawtite for my 2005 LGT Wagon from etrailer.com. I can post a picture, but it's hard to see. It sits a bit low, though, and scrapes once in a while.

Our Canadian brethren sell hitches for the Legacy, which they don't in the U.S. I don't know if it fits on an '05, but here's the picture:

http://assets.subaru.ca/7907/Media/General/Accessory/Legacy/028.jpg

It sits a bit low, though, and scrapes once in a while.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if you could find one that won't. I had one on for the first couple months I owned the car, can't remember brand. Took it off. Much happier.

I have the subaru factory hitch for the outback - it fits great, though there are a few extra braces that do not fit on the Legacy.

Unfortunately, while it comes with a plug-in wiring harness, the sedan is without the plug, so you have to splice the unit in, which I still have not done.

My Legacy is lowered on iON springs, and I have never scraped it once, and it looks pretty nice.

My $0.02

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Update...I've had my Hidden hitch for quite some time now. First off it is hardly hidden. Its in plain view and ugly..but does the job. This summer I decided to throw on the S-techs and was good for a while. Until about last month some time. I noticed that under hard acceleration she drags a bit. It's been too snowy here for me to crawl under her and see where its dragging and how bad its dragging. S-techs do lower it quite a bit and I knew that this would probably be an issue. I just wanted to let others know about the setup and turnout.

Get the Subaru factory hitch. Contact jeremy at the king of parts. He shipped it to me for a lot less than the local dealership was selling it for. I have an 05 wagon with swifts and i haven't scraped the hitch on anything, Even with 3 dogs in the back and 2 mountain bikes on a rack on the back. It took 30 minutes to install and is relatively hard to see. Don't have any pictures though sorry.

I'm considering switching to the factory hitch as well. The Hidden Hitch sits way too low, and it looks really out of place. I love my hitch mounted bike rack, thats the only reason why I haven't removed it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry this is a really late reply to this but The only reason why I was dragging mine was because of the S-tech springs. In fact I took the hitch off right before winter when i threw my cheap ebay exhaust on and I was now dragging the exhaust(which also sits lower than normal.

Subsequently I switched the spring to Cobb springs which I got a great deal on and the 1.5 drop from the S-techs went to a 1 drop from thwe Cobbs. No scraping of any sort anymore. Plus the S-techs wer progressive and the spring rate was diminising very quickly as the suspension compressed leading to the bump stops stopping movement under acceleration only.

Archived