LegacyGT.com

Help need new tail lights stock suck all red.

Please help me find some tail lights for this car that are not all red. I have almost been hit to many times especially since that is how my first legacy got totaled for me. Why is there not a law that makes all car makers have to use yellow blinkers and white reverse lights?? :mad:

As far as I know all reverse lights are white. UNLESS they are changed by someone. I've never known anyones Reverse lights to be different. Did you pick up you car used?? Maybe the previous owner just tinted them with something. If you have a sedan there should be a white area on the back lights that is meant for the Reverse lights.

:munch:

I think she means that she wants amber rear turn signals. (I agree, but don't have the cash currently)

Instead of having red tail, stop and signal lights.

There is another thread in this forum going on about JDM sedan tails (smoke tinted chrome vs bright chrome) that shows that the center clear section is slightly larger. It has the reverse bulb AND an amber turn signal bulb. It looks mostly "white" and similar to the US version when not lit, but does light up amber when signalling, rather than having the red section blink.

Various importers can get those from Japan, Australia, Europe, or any other market besides north america. Price is in the neighborhood of 340$.

and if someone completely turned the tail lights completely red, that is an odd way to go. I have thought about redding-out the chrome outline, but I wouldn't red out the center light section for the reverse light... but I doubt that is the case here.

Yes I love to fish when I'm not smoking non AWD cars. So I have been looking for replacement tail loghts nothing. This sucks I just want a tail light with a orange blinker not red. I have a 2006 legacy no turbo. If anyone knows where some tail lights may be My b-day is on thursday great gift for me.

Yes I love to fish when I'm not smoking non AWD cars. So I have been looking for replacement tail loghts nothing. This sucks I just want a tail light with a orange blinker not red. I have a 2006 legacy no turbo. If anyone knows where some tail lights may be My b-day is on thursday great gift for me.

Nice try.

but your best bet would be getting the JDM tail light which has orange signal blinkers

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middle=2&small=20

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Ahem...., those sedan lights on that site are all RED! I am assuming she has a sedan??? Did I miss something?

Ahem...

JDM tail light signal lights are amber. The reverse light area is split, one side has orange bulb and another side has clear bulb

Look closely and tell me you see orange!!! :mad:

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=324

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Ahem...

JDM tail light signal lights are amber. The reverse light area is split, one side has orange bulb and another side has clear bulb

Look closely and tell me you see orange!!! :mad:

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=324

I must be freaking blind..:cool: Actually I see orange here at home on my LT....I digress, it looked red at work.

• 1 month later...
You might have better luck with the birthday gift thing if your s/n wasn't Sexymommy. Just a hunch. ;)

I've met this girl before... her screen name fits VERY well with who she is... And she likes cars too.. :eek:

Thank you for pointing this out. Finally another person besides me who realizes the drawback of red blinkers. I just don't understand why car makers use them. I think Subaru just did it because Accord and Altima had them too. Seriously, I would really like to see a law banning red blinkers. $340 for a set of taillights seem kind of expensive so I'll try to find those when I travel to Asia next time, hopefully I'll find a better deal.

On the other hand, red blinkers are quite common on domestics and they're everywhere here in Michigan. I never thought they were bad enough to cause accidents. OP, if you don't mind, you wanna tell us what exactly happened?

Archived