LegacyGT.com

Any suggestions for a Car Alarm?

thehikingdude

After spending big $ on upgradring my car stereo I think it's time to get a real car alarm. I've had just about every brand possible going back over the last 20 years. Most recently I had a Clifford which worked out quite well, but they have a whole new line-up now so I'm not very familiar with what they have to offer today.

Is a starter kill needed with the Outback?

I'm looking to have a shock sensor and glass breakage detector as a minimum. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-jeff

Too funny! I live just a few miles from the auto dealer that started the whole Trunk Monkey deal.

I should mention that I often go hiking or backpacking, so my car can literally sit for days giving thieves just as much time as they need. So a Trunk Elephant might do better.

Take a look at the Compustar Pro series line up.

I used to be a Clifford and a DEI dealer and both are very nice. (I believe DEI now owns Clifford)

I was leaving the Verizon Wireless arena a couple of weeks ago and my remote started vibrating in my pocket. The display showed that my "impact sensor" had just been triggered. (My car was an 1/8 mile away in a parking garage.) When I got to the car there was a scuff on the fendor from some idiot.

If you have a dog in the car you can monitor the inside temp of the vehicle from the remote. There are a ton of other features.

I just installed one in the wifes Outback last week as well.;)

Chek it out.

Archived