LegacyGT.com

k20 swap in LA

panamajack

If it's a 2001 you more than likely want to go K series if anything on account of legal issues and all of that.

If it is a 2000 (my body style) some manner of B20/Vtec hybrid is an option but keep in mind that the CR/vtec and LS/vtec motors are a trickier build and can be less reliable than their stock motor counter parts.

Truth be told....If someone gave me a 2001 Civic for free I would sell it, buy an EG (92-95) Civic hatch, strip it to it's bare bones, swap in a K20, add a lot of suspension, a racing seat, and the stickiest tires I could find and call it a day.

But...that is just me.

If you are serious about looking into doing a K swap into another car I suggest looking over at K20a.org

clubrsx just doesn't have nearly as much swap info from what I have seen. There are a lot of "I'm gonna kswap my car" nut riders at k20 but just steer clear of their post and you should be fine.

Also, typically you are looking at (unless you can find some deals) spending anywhere around 10K for a Kswap once it's all said and done.

Just a thought.

A lot of people think you can find a motor cheap and just bolt it in. Wrong

hasport mounts.

wiring

misc. parts needed

It starts getting expensive really quick.

Here is a link to the mounts.

http://hasport.com/products/mount_kits/esk1.htm

and also hey have a pretty good write up on how to do the swap (but the photos aren't working for me). It gives you an idea of all the parts needed

http://hasport.com/tech/installs/ESK1.htm

If you seriously do this I can put you in touch with some Honda guys in town perhaps.

Good luck

Honestly if CRX is the way you want to go I would say just do the suspension up really nice and through a nicely modded B series motor in there.

My car...with it's tired suspension, crappy tires, and lightly modded motor is a blast to drive. Have a lighter car, with better suspension, and good tires and you are talking about one really fun car.

Will it be the fastest thing out there? No...but quick enough to pass traffic when needed and would be a blast at autox or a track day (with some nice brakes)

www.honda-tech.com. I've been out of the honda game for a while now, but you'll find a wealth of information there. and it's a very active forum.

Honda-tech is good but there is SO much crap to sort through it almost negates the worthwhile information.

If you seriously want to do a K swap go to http://www.k20a.org. It's seriously the best location for information on that particular swap.

Check honda-tech for in on the B series but it's more straight forward than the K because many Honda's came with B series motors stock.

Also...the other thing to remember in California is owning a modded Honda is pretty much an open invite to have your stuff jacked.

Get a good alarm. Park in a garage. Buy "The Club". And even then your stuff might be missing in the morning.

Archived