LegacyGT.com

New Bushings for A arms

sportwagon

superpro fulcrums or Perrin Positive steering? Or any other options?

I was just under the car yesterday... it is now time to get this done!

Advice, suggestions, where to buy... Does anyone know of any vendors that would sell the spec B alum. arms with either of these already pressed in?

Thanks!

I have the superpro poly bushings and they are great. They firm up the wheel and cut the wandering on the highway and helps the car hold it's line in curves. I don't really feel any extra NHV. I have 19"x7.5"s with 225/35/19 , , cusco front and rear lower braces, whiteline F&R sways, AVO rear sway brace, and the standard superpro bushings are a excellent addition. The perrin is metal and plastic so more then likely cause more NHV then the superpro.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

well i got the car back, i haven't driven it in a while.. but they seem pretty harsh :lol:. Its snowing out so i cant give a full review yet. Ill keep u posted
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

well i got the car back, i haven't driven it in a while.. but they seem pretty harsh :lol:. Its snowing out so i cant give a full review yet. Ill keep u posted

That what I heard. You replaced a big soft piece o rubber with plactic and metal.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Full Review:

These bushings help the steering response, help the car avoid that unnerving traveling from side-side feeling on the highway, but definately add some nvh(however the car really seems planted). You feel almost every indent in the road through the frame of the car. Honestly I like it, but if you are looking for something gentle these are probably not the right bushings. + 1 for Perrin Products best suspension mod i've ever done.

JFYI suspension mods:

Tein H-techs

Perrin Psrs

Perrin F+R sways + Endlinks

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I have the superpro poly bushings and they are great. They firm up the wheel and cut the wandering on the highway and helps the car hold it's line in curves. I don't really feel any extra NHV. I have 19"x7.5"s with 225/35/19 , , cusco front and rear lower braces, whiteline F&R sways, AVO rear sway brace, and the standard superpro bushings are a excellent addition. The perrin is metal and plastic so more then likely cause more NHV then the superpro.

Ditto.

For anyone wanting the precision without the NVH, SuperPro FTW.

Question: What SuperPro kits did you guys get? Normal/Camber Increase/Mixed

I'm not sure if I need the camber adjustment or not???

normal. I was worried about clearance with my 19's

Doesn't anyone want to admit what they paid for the install of these badboys? PLEASE???

$80

I've heard 250 and 350. You are the winnar!

It's really easy to take off your LCA. You can save alot of money if you take them off then get them pressed in. I'm going to buy that 12 ton press for $80. so I can do all my own pressing.:p

It's really easy to take off your LCA. You can save alot of money if you take them off then get them pressed in. I'm going to buy that 12 ton press for $80. so I can do all my own pressing.:p

Not for Praedet! Check his thread on this issue. Pics of his destroyed upright FTL!

True, on the face of it, and I considered it at first. The LCA are in fact easy to take off, easier if you have a lift of course, but just bolts.

It was participating in the whole thing that made me glad I had enlisted the help of my trusted friend in a local Subie garage. The pressing in/out got tricky.

We (he :) ) ended up making the pressing tools. It wasn't easy and took longer than the rest of the job altogether. The clearances are very tight and specific, do it wrong and you will be buying new arms. If you are lucky enough to have the Subaru specific tools you're all set. If you don't be forwarned.

sorry for not responding sooner,i got them installed for $85.

About right, whoever quoted $250ish, unless it included the bushings, is a thief.

And I, too, opted for the zero offset bushings. I'm extremely happy with the results.:)

True, on the face of it, and I considered it at first. The LCA are in fact easy to take off, easier if you have a lift of course, but just bolts.

It was participating in the whole thing that made me glad I had enlisted the help of my trusted friend in a local Subie garage. The pressing in/out got tricky.

We (he :) ) ended up making the pressing tools. It wasn't easy and took longer than the rest of the job altogether. The clearances are very tight and specific, do it wrong and you will be buying new arms. If you are lucky enough to have the Subaru specific tools you're all set. If you don't be forwarned.

About right, whoever quoted $250ish, unless it included the bushings, is a thief.

And I, too, opted for the zero offset bushings. I'm extremely happy with the results.:)

So... the removal of the LCA is a cinch, yes? But the pressing is tough... OK! Makes sense... I need to look at praedet's thread to confirm this...

As for Camber... refresh my memory, please! Can you say that because you have lowered a car that you will need increased camber? Or is it completely dependent on the individual case and the alignment settings of a particular vehicle?

I'm not sure if I need the camber adjustment kit? But, I don't want to go get an alignment before I order bushings unless I have to... I'm gonna need an alignment after I install JDM GT bilsts, STi trailing arms and the LCA bushings... My alignment information might be different now, with stock struts/pinks than it would be with bilst/pinks, right?

I'm confused with camber right now... it's been a long day... anyone have a link to an easy explanation of camber?

Thanks,

Mark

Archived