LegacyGT.com

Anyone with Tein Comfort Sports yet?

ATB

I am looking for a street only upgrade to my legacy wagon's suspension. "Comfort" is key, since my infant son will be in the back. My current list is:

Ohlins struts w/ pinks

specB struts w/ pinks

KW v2

Tein Comfort sports

I have seen reviews on all of these except for the Teins. I would probably prefer the simplicity of a strut/spring combo, but I would also like to be able to fix the droopy butt of the wagon using coilovers, particularly since I am about to throw some audio equipment in the back.

I have a set on order for a customer right now. There should be here next week and in the customer's hands a week or so after that.

I have been itching to find out when they would in- I've got the AVO RSB and new rotors and pads waiting to be installed at the same time as the CS coilovers.

Hopefully I'll be hearing from you next week.:)

ATB, installing JDM Spec B Bilsteins with iON springs Saturday. I'll be using the iON HD rears, so that should solve our droopy butt problem (on our cars, of course :lol: ). Will post pics once they settle.
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

I will be doing a KW install on a wagon in the very near future, so I will give feedback on that when the time comes. My opinion is that the Ohlin's fixed perch is the only way to go for wagon owner's right now who don't want coil-overs. It has an adjustable rear perch so that you can compensate for the saggy butt. The problem is that just the Ohlin's w/o springs are $400 more than the KWs :(
:spin:

If I remember correctly, they were slightly more expensive than the KW's (as in $50 to $100 more for the set). However, I really dig the monotube design of the CS'. Boost, feel free to correct me.

If I remember correctly, they were slightly more expensive than the KW's (as in $50 to $100 more for the set). However, I really dig the monotube design of the CS'. Boost, feel free to correct me.

The Tein Comfort Sports are about $100 more than the KW's. They are a monotube, while the KW's are a twintube. Honestly though, there are good and bad examples of each design, so it really shouldn't be a big point of consideration when picking a set of coilovers.

No camber plates. BTW, I have a set in route to their new home now :icon_wink. I'm sure the happy new owner will post up his impressions soon.

I can't wait till they are here- I have the install booked for the 14th of April- as soon as they are installed I will post my impressions.:)

I am looking for a street only upgrade to my legacy wagon's suspension. "Comfort" is key, since my infant son will be in the back. My current list is:

Ohlins struts w/ pinks

specB struts w/ pinks

KW v2

Tein Comfort sports

Bilstein HD's / pinks

Add this to your list. Very close to jdm spec b /pinks and cheaper. See Waxiboys (wagon) review.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289

boostjunkie - is the EDFC also available for the comfort sports? That would be one big reason I would go for these over the KWs.

The Lexus guys are using EDFC on the Comfort Sports, I can't see why not.

Archived