LegacyGT.com

Changing sportshift position

Yes, I'm "back asswards" just like the drivers in the WRC, the BTCC and Australian Touring Cars.... after all, they don't know jack about cars :lol: [quote name='firedawgs']I think you guys are just back asswards. I have no problem with down being downshift and up being upshift.[/QUOTE]

I have become so accustomed to the steering wheel shifters that I had forgotten about the stick shift option. Cool idea switching the two. Does seem like it would be more natural. I would be interested to see if the wiring change was accurate.

[quote name='EyeFlyIsTheEye'] I remember really torturing that poor Legacy when I mistakenly downshifted as I tried to get to third :lol: [/QUOTE] Have you ever forgot to upshift and been uppleasantly surprised when it DOESN'T correct itself. I saw in horror the rpms bounce off the lmiter at 7K - ouch. I though the car corrected itself so it was idiot proof, nope, you can hold on to those rpms as high as it'll let you for as long as you like, or accidently slam the needle off the rpms at 7K. - Mike

[quote name='STG']Enlight is complaining about the AT downshifting "when slowing down." As you point out, it does not downshift when slowing down, but does select 1st gear after you've stopped. The only time this would affect performance would be on snow or ice. In that case, all Enlight (there's an appropriate name) has to do is move either his right or left thumb and hit the + button to launch in second.[/QUOTE] A little way back on page 3, but the manushift doesn't just select 1st when you stop, it scrolls through all the gears as you slow down.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

[quote name='Enlight']A little way back on page 3, but the manushift doesn't just select 1st when you stop, it scrolls through all the gears as you slow down.[/QUOTE] This is likely to keep you from stalling the engine by choosing too high of a gear. I'm sure it downshifts at the absolute bottom of the gear's usefulness.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got some new information for you all. I'm sure this is probably in the owners manual, but mine is in the trunk, and I'm not. :) Driving in slow traffic last night, I discovered that if you select 2nd gear while stopped, it stays in 2nd the next time you stop. I was able to stop and crawl in 2nd gear for 25 minutes or so. That's a nice feature IMO!

Archived