LegacyGT.com

300whp with stock headers?

CasopoliS

Anyone around this sort of power on the stock headers? I am sure it is possible with the right supporting mods.... but curious who is running stock headers, getting a lot of power, and what other mods they have.

I really am not liking the sound of my exhaust now that I am driving the car again (yay nice weather). I think its the non-el headers (madad coated). I want to try out my stock headers again with an uppipe and see if the sound gets better. If it does, will I see a huge power loss? I have heard headers really help with spool and net about 10whp, but sound is becoming more important to me now. I would like to gain that 10whp elsewhere if I can.

... your thoughts.

There are plenty that are making 300 on stock headers (upgraded turbo). With the headers you will notice the mid-rpm pull, with stock you notice it most in the lower rpm.

There's not much you can do about the sound, you went from thick cast iron to thin tubbed steel. Loudness will likely be present on all of the headers, tone may change though with a different set.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Yeah, a bunch of us;) make more than that on stock header's....

If I were inclined to spend $$$ on it, I would simply port the stock manifold's, and perhaps add a new x-over pipe.

Thanks.

I just need an uppipe now and I will try to slap on the headers. I can do before and after logs if you are interested.

as far as exhaust - madadd non-el coated headers

PDE 3" DP

MR CBE

I have a perrin TMIC, vf40 18G on top of that

the sound clips I have heard with MR CBE + headers sound edgy and louder, which I personally do not like. This is also the case with my car. I took some sound clips of it, which I posted in this forum not too long ago. t0ad also took some sound clips of his exhaust.

Archived