LegacyGT.com

car is in shop

Im getting the bumper replaced from my fender bender, and, while its there im having the 15k done and a handful of warranty items.

I got a rental car from the insurance, paid the 2 extra dollars to upgrade to the impreza, thank god i got my 06 legacy se, and not the 07 impreza I originally wanted. it seemed fine for my test drive, but it really sucks, its tiny, it handles weird, the stereo sucks, steering is too loose, brakes soft, no acceleration, and its noisy.

anyway, i like my legacy, and I am perfectly happy that its only 175 hp, way more power than I need, and its very comfy. oh, and my stock stereo works wonderfully, even though I dont have the mp3 adapter, which come to think of, I cant find in the 07 impreza. also, I cant find any indicators of the side impact or curtain airbags...

Alex

I still cant find the mp3 input port, am I blind?

Also, it doesnt have side curtain airbags, only side impact chest and head airbags. I thought the curtain airbags were standard accross all model lines?

First,

Your car is an 06. 07 was the first year for the Aux input, in the center console box between the seats. 05 and 06 cars do not have aux inputs. There is an aftermarket solution. Search for Jazzy input modifications. JazzyMT is the member here that makes those.

Second,

What are you describing as "head" airbags for side impact? That would be the same as side curtain airbags, that stretch between the the windsheild and the back window, along the sides of the roof just above the side windows, under the headliner, and deploy down in between the passengers and side windows. It says "SRS" on the B-pillar above the front shoulder belt anchors.

The side impact "chest" airbags deploy for the front seat passengers, from the outboard sides of the front seats.

Oops,miscommunication, I know my 06 has side curtain airbags and no mp3, but, the 07 impreza that I am renting should? I cant find the 07 imprezas mp3 port anywhere, and near as I can tell SOA removed the side curtain airbbags for the 07 impreza and put in chest and head side impact airbags. The side pillar does not say SRS in the 07 impreza.

Alex

I would think that the AUX would be there... but perhaps that was an option.

I am not sure on the airbag situation on the impreza, but aside from leaving them out, making changes to them would be expensive R&D just before a model change.

Is your impreza a bargain-basement car? maybe that is why it has less equipment.

Its a rental while my 06 legacy is in the shop, god I miss my car already...

I check the SOA webpage and it looks like they changed the airbags, but it should have the mp3 port.

Yet again Im glad I didnt buy the impreza.

Archived