LegacyGT.com

Question about psi on our "wonderful" stock tires...

ion

Just curious - what PSI are you all using on your stock tires. I know these Bridgestones are not great and I already know what tire I want to replace it with, but until I get the new tires - I think I remember some of you suggesting a PSI that helps the performance of the stock tires?? (thanks)

I have 35/35 now but I think I'm going to up it to about 37 all around. The tires lose pressure quickly thouhg, I have noticed that much.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I run with 37/35 which is an increase of 2 psi from the Subaru proposed pressure setting for the LGT. The ride is fairly hard but I like it that way. Watch your pressure frequently though (every week), mine lost about 1.5 psi in one week alone.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']I have 35/35 now but I think I'm going to up it to about 37 all around. The tires lose pressure quickly thouhg, I have noticed that much.[/QUOTE] I ran 37/35 and am now at (as of this morning 38/36). I lost about 3 psi in about 3 weeks. BTW, how quickly have you all noticed the psi dropping? I am estimating a loss of about 1-2 psi per week.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Yes I even the pressure to 35/35 last tank of gas about 2 weeks ago and I can tell visually that a fair bit of pressure has been lost. I will get figures when I fill up next and add air again.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='LandShark']I upped pressure to 40/40 F/R. Tires are marked for 51 psi max. Ride is firmer but sportier. Feels more planted when I do my daily commute at 100+ mph.[/QUOTE] I need to try that, my job is all commute. i try to drive normal but every time i look at the speedomitor it says 100 or close to it. i drive anywhere from 15 to 160 miles a day and it sucks that its on my gt but next month the company is giving us company cars. Let me tell you i cant wait to beat the hell out of the 05 Mini Cooper they give me, wait these things have a break in period oops, 55mph you say i thought it was 120 you were suposed to keep it under. after i get that my gt will be used for nothing but pure fun, and i can park it at my friends house where there are less cars and they actualy care about not scratching other ppeoples bumpers :D

Just to update with you guys - checked tire pressure last night before I went out for a drive. They were all around 31psi - so as per suggestion, bumped it up to 35psi. Felt the difference. Made the car feel a little more planted like you all said - thanks again for the advice. Now I just need to get my other tires.... ;)

Why all the talk about tires LOOSING pressure? Do they have leaks in them? I can go all year on my trucks and they're within spec. Is it due to the colder temps lately, and the relatively small amount of air in the tire to begin with? Or are leaking tires a Subaru thing?

[quote name='emlevins']I ran 37/35 and am now at (as of this morning 38/36). I lost about 3 psi in about 3 weeks. BTW, how quickly have you all noticed the psi dropping? I am estimating a loss of about 1-2 psi per week.[/QUOTE] Remember, that it depends on when you check your tire pressure. Weather will effect the pressure. Warmer weather will be higher than cooler weather. It does help though, if you run you tires for a few miles to warm them up then take a more accurate reading.

Archived