LegacyGT.com

It is finished!

So, I broke 1000 miles tonight after 6 great days of ownership. Here's the proof, and as promised a picture of my car. Sorry for the horrible quality, it's always night around here it seems when I get my camera out. Hopefully I can get some daytime shots this weekend.

Oh, and now I know what redline is like. Neat is all I can say. :)

01060002.jpg.0f606f5326feae348d919029b24b9276.jpg

01060003.jpg.c167c8e4dfc8b6235b958041ccd2f804.jpg

i hit 1000 just before i parked my car and the next day it was on, once yo hit 5500rpm it throws you back in your seat a bit enjoy. it only gets better from here, and the car will do 100 plus without even realiving it so watch the speedomitor and get a radar detector if you dont want any tix

I was driving on a fairly large, but open at this time of night 3 lane expressway and was basically going with the flow of traffic at 70. I figured, shoot, I'll see what it can do now. I dropped down to 55 (the actual speed limit) then downshifted to 3rd. Ran that out (redlines at 80, right?), then had just got going in 4th and then I check my speed... DAYUM.... :eek:

Anxious? Naw. Anyways, I do plan on getting a V1 to replace my broken POS Cobra, but I'm not in a big hurry. I do mainly city driving and don't go more than 5 over around here (too many speed traps). Now, I just need to find some twisties...

Actually, I learned about the top of 3rd from the owner's manual; I wasn't really watching the speedo but I knew what it should be. For some reason though, they don't list maximum speeds for 4th or 5th... Hmmm......

Archived