LegacyGT.com

Before Decision

I was planning on getting an exhaust set-up here sooner then later. I've noticed there are basically 3 "typical" setups you can go with, turbo back, cat back and axel back. I truthfully just want to do an axel back for now, then the rest later. If I was to buy lets say the Perrin axel back set up, is it possible for me at a later time to complete the rest of the exhaust, ie cat back and/or turbo back? The reason I'm asking is because I only see the kits for sale, no individual parts. I don't want to buy just axel back and then later be stuck with having to buy the whole cat back set up to complete it and end up buying the same parts again. This may be a n00b question, but I've never seen the options of buying so many different exhaust set ups for one car, so I just want to make sure I make the right choice the first time. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about having to buy parts twice. I've seen most of the exhaust parts sold seperately from different places on the internet and some of the vendors that sell through this site can probably get you just the parts you're looking for... Plus people are almost always selling various exhaust parts on the Marketplace section of these forums.

The absolute worst case scenerio if you can't find the seperate parts you're looking for in the future is that you buy the cat-back and then sell the parts that you already have...

I wouldn't worry about having to buy parts twice. I've seen most of the exhaust parts sold seperately from different places on the internet and some of the vendors that sell through this site can probably get you just the parts you're looking for... Plus people are almost always selling various exhaust parts on the Marketplace section of these forums.

The absolute worst case scenerio if you can't find the seperate parts you're looking for in the future is that you buy the cat-back and then sell the parts that you already have...

:whore:

I bought an exhaust on here, and i know that in the future if i want to upgrade if not a vendor then def. a fellow member will have somehting simialir for sale. I would just stay on these boards for a month in the marketplace section and get a used piece from the get go, its going to be under your car, so it shouldnt matter how clean or dirty it is.

Archived