LegacyGT.com

What leather products remove indigo dye from jeans??

basically my pair of jeans "bled" on to my taupe leather...the seat has a hue of blue on it and i used meguiars quick detailer on it but that didnt work. What are some products that would help remove these stains??

This may sound crazy but try cheap hairspray on the leather followed up with a leather cleaner to remove the sticky hairspray. Hairspray works great on ballpoint pen and leather. This may or may not work as I had a Saab 900 that red sweatshirt dye did not come out of, and a Porsche 911 that the bluejean dye did come out. Good luck!!

This may sound crazy but try cheap hairspray on the leather followed up with a leather cleaner to remove the sticky hairspray. Hairspray works great on ballpoint pen and leather. This may or may not work as I had a Saab 900 that red sweatshirt dye did not come out of, and a Porsche 911 that the bluejean dye did come out. Good luck!!

that does sound kinda crazy

Hairspray actually is a pretty good stain remover for leather. My son put some ball-point pen marks on our taupe leather furniture. The hairspray took it off fairly easily. Follow that up with a damp cloth, then a leather conditioner after that to recondition the leather.

I hate light interiors in cars, my reason for going with black. Yeah it is hot in the summer, but that is what window tint is for.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived