LegacyGT.com

MY05+ LGT Sedan needed for test fitment

Hi,

We are looking for a stock MY05+ Legacy GT Sedan to test fit an exhaust system. We will need the car for about a day and will need to take pictures and do a sound recording of it. If the exhaust fits the way we want it and the customer likes it then, we will offer the exhaust at a special price.

Would like to have someone locally.

PM for more imformation.

Thanks,

Gary

Mann Engineering

www.mann-engineering.com

PMs replied.

We know that wagons get no love. :( We have a GT that we are trying to get a catback made for. The only question is how many people would want a wagon version of the catback that we have. We will see how this one turns out as we believe that it will be good as it has been greatly improved over the initial revision.

Thanks,

Gary

Mann Engineering

http://www.mann-engineering.com

Gary, have you considered a moveable tip for the mufflers?

The tips on the stock LGT muffler cans slide onto the muffler pipe and are attached with two screws which screw into bosses on the muffler pipe.

What if the muffler pipe had two sets of bosses? One for sedans and one for wagons. I think the wagon only needs about 2 inches more tip extension. This would allow you to keep inventory costs down.

The two main issues on the wagons are the tips, as mentioned above, and the drone. If you can nail those two, I am sure you will sell a good number of set-ups for the wagon...

If you sell it w/ longer exhaust hangers, then it works for the OBXT folks too :D

:spin:

Gary, have you considered a moveable tip for the mufflers?

The tips on the stock LGT muffler cans slide onto the muffler pipe and are attached with two screws which screw into bosses on the muffler pipe.

What if the muffler pipe had two sets of bosses? One for sedans and one for wagons. I think the wagon only needs about 2 inches more tip extension. This would allow you to keep inventory costs down.

I understand where you are coming from.

It will all depend on the manufacturer. Let's say if I can get like 20 people, then there is a possibility that we could do a wagon version. The reason why there are two different exhausts from what we can see is that the US bumper is just longer than the JDM one. The JDM from what am told finishes up very close to that of the sedan so in Japan they can share muffler.

But I am looking at options of doing a wagon setup as we have been looking at doing that for quite sometime now. We have just been really busy with many other things right now in the brakes and suspension department.

Thanks,

Gary

Mann Engineering

The two main issues on the wagons are the tips, as mentioned above, and the drone. If you can nail those two, I am sure you will sell a good number of set-ups for the wagon...

If you sell it w/ longer exhaust hangers, then it works for the OBXT folks too :D

This is something we are aware of as well. ;)

Thanks,

Gary

Mann Engineering

Archived