LegacyGT.com

245/40ZR18 on a Spec B?

Gawdly

Looking at new wheels and tires for my 06 Spec B. I have been all over the site and through Xenonk's size guide but don't see much on this size.

I'm looking at 18x8 Ultraleggera mounted with 245/40 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires. This size appears to be identical diameter to the stock 245/45 R18 tires on the Spec B, 25.7". Good for gearing, ride, etc.

My question is if anyone is running this setup and/or if anyone knows if there will be fittment issues.

I am currently at stock ride height. I may swap to Spec B Pinks in the future but will never be doing a big drop on the car.

Use: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html To calculate out the differences.

Height wise, they are almost identical. But, what makes me wonder is if it'll rub because of the amount of extra width.

Yep... that's what I'm wondering.

I know people running 255/35 with no issues but am wondering if the taller profile of the /40 would kill the deal at the 245 width.

Anyone have experience or opinions?

I have 18x8 51MM offset Superleggera's for my summer wheels with 225/40/18. I plan to go to a 245/35/18 or a 235/40/18 .

I have read that the 245/40/18 will rub the front strut assembly. Unless you switch to coilovers. I am not sure if this applies only to lowered vehicles. PM Xenonk as he has used this size before

see post below

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=653976&postcount=27

I'll PM Xenonk... good find, thanks.

More info... the wheels I am looking at are listed as 18x8 48MM offset.

Another thought, are the Spec B struts smaller/larger/same compared to regular GT struts? They may help, or hurt the cause.

I'll PM Xenonk... good find, thanks.

More info... the wheels I am looking at are listed as 18x8 48MM offset.

Another thought, are the Spec B struts smaller/larger/same compared to regular GT struts? They may help, or hurt the cause.

They look the same size as stock struts, dont think that will be a factor

Archived