LegacyGT.com

Got P1s installed and....

spicish22

well the good news is they look great, details:

18x8 hypersilver, 235/40/18 kumho asx on htechs(used)

the bad news is that they rub a little in the rear when going over moderate to nasty bumps. i thought from all of the reading i do on here that this combo should have worked fine. i cant remember the measurements from when i did the drop but i know it went down over and inch in the rear. i also noticed there seems to be less gap in the rear on the drivers side.

they are fine when driving on nice flat road. it seems like the rear springs are really weak because the back of the car seems to bounce alot. so my next goal will be to solve this problem. from what i have read on the forum these seem to be the possibilites..

Go back to stock springs - dont really want to

Get the Cobb springs - im worried that going from htech to these will be disapointing handling wise, but the small drop seems like a good thing?

Get the swift springs - seems like a small drop with better handling?

Trim under the car/ fenders rolled - dont really want to

i guess the sure fire answer would be coilovers so then i could adjust hieght,etc. unfortunatly price wise they are not really an option. ive read picks do not lower the car much but it seems nuts to pay 400 for just springs.

either way any advise would be greatly appreciated

pics coming soon, at the moment the only pic i have is a crapy cell phone pic.

+48mm offset

Side note...i had a 18x7.5 +47mm offset, pushed out to +42mm offset with 5mm spacers + 235/40/18's S03's

and the rears BARELY rubbed on the weather stripping on the inside of the fenders...

COuld your contact maybe be on the inner side of the rim/tire with the OEM Struts??

(me = coilovers)

~Sucka-Duck~

they are Rota P1s

You could always roll the fenders.

i am not sure if i would do this because i have heard some people have had problems with paint cracking. what does it typically cost?

Thats y i was considering changing springs

i think i am just rubbing the plastic under there but i am not totally sure, i havent crawled under there yet

i will wash it this weekend and get some better pics up.

why would you run a 235/40/18 to start with? The 225/40/18 is taller than stock already. the 235 is almost a full inch taller and wider, no wonder it rubs.

but people kept on saying you should run 235 or 245 on a 8" wide rims

i guess i'll go with 225 then

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

but people kept on saying you should run 235 or 245 on a 8" wide rims

you can and should!

a 245/35/18 = ok, less than 1% different than stock

a 235/40/18 = not ok - more than 3% different than stock

a 235/40/17 = ok, less than 1% different than stock

a 245/40/17 = ok, less than 1% different than stock

I read that 235 40 18 was ok too. I priced 245 35 18 and it was about $800 and i wanted something a little more than 225's

I think im just rubbing a hair so should be easy to take care of. Not fat people in my car...other than me that is. LOL

Also, from the Xenonk 'sticky':

18 in. rims:

215/35/18 (only good for autocrossing use, do not use for daily driving)

225/35/18 (only good for autocrossing use, do not use for daily driving)

215/40/18 (uncommon tire size, close to OEM overall tire diameter, good for daily driving)

225/40/18 (typical sizing, most popular size, GREAT for daily driving)

235/40/18 (very large, but great for pot-hole city driving, may need fender rolling)

235/35/18 (rare size, but closest to OE tire sizing to keep the spedometer reading correctly)

245/35/18 (common autocross, performance size, very good for daily driving)

255/35/18 (very good daily driving size, even better on the track)

265/35/18 (very good daily driving use, but the car wont be able to use all 265mm of tread for the track)

275/30/18 (tallest tire you can mount without fender clearing issues on a 2" lowered car if you get the right offset)

285/30/18 (aka, the "STREETS OF DREAM" setup... the widest you can go.. this is the next tire size I am going for and a rim to match it)

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

why would you run a 235/40/18 to start with? The 225/40/18 is taller than stock already. the 235 is almost a full inch taller and wider, no wonder it rubs.

-from what i read most people did not have issues with similar set ups

-they look awsome

-i am well aware of the size, i wanted to go a little bigger to counteract the gearing of the car

-my spedo was actually about 2mph fast at 80 acording a gps

i did an abundance of reading and some how i still missed this:

235/40/18 (very large, but great for pot-hole city driving, may need fender rolling)

either way i was dissapointed with the springs i have so this may be enough of an annoyance to change them

-

i did an abundance of reading and some how i still missed this:

+1 I spent days reading and somehow missed it. LOL

How about a few better pics???

My P1's are on there way, looked around for quite a while it's a nice wheel for the money 18x8" .48 offset 19.2lb.

Went with Gunmetal here

http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/rota/p1/600/600/rota1880_gunmetal_1.jpg

Going to go with a 245/35 tire:):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived