LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Rotors For 2.5i

Nonvteclegacy

several co's on ebay sell aftermarket rotors for the NA sedan/wagons. i would be cautious which ones you buy, there can be a big difference in quality from one manufacturer to another......

yep thats why i want brembo. They dont make it for the 2005-2007 yet

^That'd be overkill

I agree with Hanger. Slotted and drilled Brembo rotors are performance overkill for your car. If you want them for bling factor, then that's a different story.

I agree with Hanger. Slotted and drilled Brembo rotors are performance overkill for your car. If you want them for bling factor, then that's a different story.

what do you guys mean by overkill? I have a friend with slotted brembo and he hasnt had any problems. He had them for bout 4 years and no warping. he just got them machined cut couple of months ago. By the way its on a honda accord 2001 coupe.

Unless your racing you're car on the track, slotted and drilled rotor aren't necessary. The stock ones will work fine. The 2.5i isn't putting enough power down to need a big brake upgrade. If you want better braking performance, try switching your pads to a high performance street pad. The 2005 2.5i have the same calipers as the 03 WRX, so those pads should fit.

It's true that the stock rotors can warp...I've warped a set myself. My dealer resurfaced them and they are fine now. I've considered upgrading my pads as well, but my 2.5i is my wife's daily driver and the way she drives the car, any performance modification is overkill. LOL

what do you guys mean by overkill? I have a friend with slotted brembo and he hasnt had any problems. He had them for bout 4 years and no warping. he just got them machined cut couple of months ago. By the way its on a honda accord 2001 coupe.

Well, you sound young. I understand they're cool. They are. If you really, really want to dump the money into those brakes, do it. But you don't need them.

If you really want the bling factor of slots and drilled rotors check out R1 Concepts on Ebay or go to their site. I think the set of 4 rotors for the 2.5 is like 130 bucks. Even if they don't last years who cares, they are a wear item anyway and for that price it doesn't hurt so much to replace them. Do a search here for ebay rotors, someone installed them recently on a GT and likes them a lot, no problems at all.

Archived