LegacyGT.com

Holy S#$%$T!! $700 for 60k service

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ NO. But they will ask you for some sort of "proof" that you did the maintence if a part breaks. For instance, oil changes are regular maintenance, and if your engine blows, and they think it is because of oil starvation, they will ask to see proof of engine oil changes and that you are doing them within the recommended interval.

The warranty doesn't cover things like user neglect. Most poeple tend to keep their receipts for the oil they purchased, and for the filters, etc...

If you get it done at the dealer, then they already have the record of it.

I got my 60k coming up.

I think I'm gonna have them replace diff fluids/trans fluid.

flush coolant system.

and ummmm..... oh yeah, spark plugs. (any recommendation for plugs or just let them put whatever?)

I'll do the oil change/filter change myself and I just flushed the brake fluid so thats not a problem. I'll even get off my ass and clean the air filter maybe.. :lol:

in order for my warranty to still be in affect to i HAVE to do my reg maintenance at the dealersship?

No as previously stated.

I recommend taking a copy of your oil change receipt and writing down the date it was changed and the mileage and photocopying it. Take the oil filter box top and staple that to the receipt copy and save it. That will be sufficient enough for SOA.

The main advantage of using a dealer are

A. If you can't, or don't have the right tools, you don't have to do it yourself. A Subaru technician is doing the work.

B. They have all your maintenance history there and know you and your car.

C. If you have a relationship with them, it may pay off for you. Sometimes you might have something that is broken or a problem that is outside of warrant coverage. They might take care of you and fix it at no charge. I have done this w/ some of my good customers.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I got my 60k coming up.

I think I'm gonna have them replace diff fluids/trans fluid.

flush coolant system.

and ummmm..... oh yeah, spark plugs. (any recommendation for plugs or just let them put whatever?)

I'll do the oil change/filter change myself and I just flushed the brake fluid so thats not a problem. I'll even get off my ass and clean the air filter maybe.. :lol:

get one step colder. you can order them from OAKOS or something like that and they are pretty cheap, like $50 for the set of 4?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

No as previously stated.

I recommend taking a copy of your oil change receipt and writing down the date it was changed and the mileage and photocopying it. Take the oil filter box top and staple that to the receipt copy and save it. That will be sufficient enough for SOA.

The main advantage of using a dealer are

A. If you can't, or don't have the right tools, you don't have to do it yourself. A Subaru technician is doing the work.

B. They have all your maintenance history there and know you and your car.

C. If you have a relationship with them, it may pay off for you. Sometimes you might have something that is broken or a problem that is outside of warrant coverage. They might take care of you and fix it at no charge. I have done this w/ some of my good customers.

exactly. always make sure you document any regular maintenance you do yourself in case there is ever a question for warranty work. you can't expect the manuf to warranty something if you don't have proof you performed the regular maintenance.

and having my car up here, I can say though I balked at the costly service intervals, my techs explained to me why most of it was necessary and needed to be done, especially in harsher climate areas where we get more dust, road gunk, harsher weather and well.... me driving. :lol:

and having my car up here, I can say though I balked at the costly service intervals, my techs explained to me why most of it was necessary and needed to be done, especially in harsher climate areas where we get more dust, road gunk, harsher weather and well.... me driving. :lol:

Is your driving the first reason?:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Is your driving the first reason?:lol:

in the LGT, it's first 2 yrs were spent being thrashed and beaten... the last year, not as much, only at track events. the new car, drive it like a granny except track events. too much to lose to drive like an asshat nowadays.

but really, our road and weather conditions are pretty crappy so it definitely has more wear and tear and the car.

umm.... ok, off the top of my head, there might be more i'll check when i get home.(it's also in your owners man)

-both accesory belts(i went with goodyear gator back from auto zone)

-motor oil (pick your fav)

-oil filter (went to K&N)

-spark plugs (OEM, Stock heat #SILFR6A)

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?productTypeID=1&AAIA=1430733

-brake flush (went with valvoline synpower)

-clutch fluid flush (valvoline synpower again)

-radiator flush (used peak global)

-front diff/gear box/rear diff oil change (used Subaru extra-S, had a drum anyway)

-rotate tires

-power steering flush(using valvoline ATF...something)

-air filter (i only had to clean my K&N)

-Added injector cleaner to fuel (use Lucas upper cylender lubricant)

-clean battery terminals & coat in vasoline after reconnecting (might as well while it's

out)

-brake pads(not on the list but i did them any way, used dura max lifetimes, i don't

recomend they leave deposites)

-added a block heater(not on the list but moving to alaska and had the coolant

drained anyway)

just do a little leg work and make sure you do the right procedure and get the best fluid for your situation, the info is on this site somewhere....that's how i got it. enjoy.

Archived