LegacyGT.com

Import twin turbo

I have purchased a import twin turbo subie motor and wanted to know if anyone could tell me the best way to find out what vehicle it came from so i can get wiring diagrams please. Computer has 7C on it if that helps.

Kurt

Should have no surprise sensors or ?? other than one extra wastegate solonoid.....

I guess you need the 02 sensor after the turbos to get info from both banks??

Or two WB 02 sensors??

You could probably use and hack up any turbo harness.

I think you should post pics of the engine, turbos, and ECU. Make sure the model numbers are legible on the ECU.

Is it a sequential twin turbo?

If you have a downpipe on both sides of the engine, I think you're going to have trouble fitting it into a USDM car.

its actually going into a vw kombi,I have the motor running but it is hunting on idle.And the idle control valve jams open on ignition.I was told this could possibly be an earthing issue?.

I would like to post some pics but am not sure how to.

cheers, it has been a hell of a job so far!. Motor is running but i would love to get the correct wiring diagrams. As you can see from the pics i have put the legacy dash in the bus, I need diagrams to finish it of now.Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how i find out what this motor is from? and where i can get diagrams? will post a pic of ecu shortly

Pardon my ignorance, but who is AVO ?

AVO is an aftermarket car part manufacturer, doing a lot of good work with Subarus (both JDM and USDM). They have a few JDM / custom-built / race Subarus and thus, might have some good experience helping you out w/ your questions.

You can try PM'ing: "Ross Wilson" (AVO rep) here on the boards.

Also, here's their main Website:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/

Good luck~

Does this ECU have an OBDII connector? What year engine is this?

If it is post 1998, have you tried to download the rom yet? Once you get it downloaded, you can ask the gurus on www.openecu.org or www.enginuity.org to help you.

You may also be able to use the XMLWRITE definitions.

http://www.tinywrex.tk/

Even if you are not able to download the ROM, if you have an OBDII connector, you should try datalogging it.

Archived