LegacyGT.com

Anyone else feel it?

leggtnut

I couldn't believe that we felt it so well and we are so far away. My cats didn't settel down till about 2am.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I felt it all the way up here in the North Bay. Very strange, the house was making no noises, but the couch I was sitting on at the time (watching American Idol :icon_bigg ) suddenly started quivering. I thought I was imagining things until they interrupted AI for the "breaking news" 10 minutes later.

I felt it all the way up here in the North Bay. Very strange, the house was making no noises, but the couch I was sitting on at the time (watching American Idol :icon_bigg ) suddenly started quivering. I thought I was imagining things until they interrupted AI for the "breaking news" 10 minutes later.

hahaha me as well. two quakes two weeks.

It shook our place pretty hard for a 4.2

I think when the epicenter is to the east it shakes our place hard. north or south seem ok... unless of course it's 'big one' which I'm looking forward to.:icon_wink

And how many years have they been warning us about the Big one :p. I know when I was in The PACNW They have been talking about it since long before the Northridge one. But they are saying that the one that will hit Seattle will be so much worse than any of the ones down here.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Sounds like the day is approaching when I will have some nice ocean front property here in the central valley when the bay slides into the ocean.

From the USGS;

California will eventually fall into the ocean.

FICTION: The ocean is not a great hole into which California can fall, but it is itself land at a somewhat lower elevation with water above it. It’s absolutely impossible that California will be swept out to sea. Instead, southwestern California is moving horizontally northward towards Alaska as it slides past central and eastern California. The dividing point is the San Andreas fault system, which extends from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north. This 800 mile long fault is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters (two inches) per year (the rate your fingernails grow). At this rate, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day (about 15 million years from now) be next-door neighbors, and in an additional 70 million years, Los Angeles residents will find themselves with an Alaska zip code!

http://www.geol.lsu.edu/Faculty/Juan/PhysicalGeology_F2004/Megaquake/calif.gif

So, if they're correct... You'll be further away from the ocean in about 15 millions years. :p

-Mike-

From the USGS;

California will eventually fall into the ocean.

FICTION: The ocean is not a great hole into which California can fall, but it is itself land at a somewhat lower elevation with water above it. It’s absolutely impossible that California will be swept out to sea. Instead, southwestern California is moving horizontally northward towards Alaska as it slides past central and eastern California. The dividing point is the San Andreas fault system, which extends from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north. This 800 mile long fault is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters (two inches) per year (the rate your fingernails grow). At this rate, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day (about 15 million years from now) be next-door neighbors, and in an additional 70 million years, Los Angeles residents will find themselves with an Alaska zip code!

http://www.geol.lsu.edu/Faculty/Juan/PhysicalGeology_F2004/Megaquake/calif.gif

So, if they're correct... You'll be further away from the ocean in about 15 millions years. :p

-Mike-

Hey man...don't squash my dreams of vastly increasing the calue of my home. Of course I was not being serious...just silly. I had it explained to me once as a giant zipper working its way up the coast. Baja California used to be attached and there was no Gulf of California until the San Andreas fault slowly unzipped the land away.

Archived