LegacyGT.com

2.5i INTAKE DYNO'd before and after

found this on nasioc, hope i'm not reposting anything, but i haven't seen it on here yet. either way, i love it. awesome gains for an intake

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/oduchick757/062.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/oduchick757/DSC01428.jpg

heres a link to the post http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156560

useless for me.

i'm running the 05 pzero emissions engine.

the setup is a lil bit different from the non-california pzero 2.5i engines.

if you havent seen my dyno sheet yet.

my max power is 119.7 whp // 121.4 wtq.

mods: perrin panel air filter, perrin lightweight pulley, custom axleback exhaust.

whoopeee... -_-

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Guest subiecity
hmm one of the guys here has a NA with headers and full exhuast, and i belive with custome aluminum intake, and maybe i belive the lghtweight crankshaft and his was like 149 whp and close to the same of wtq

In the link it says crank HP readings should be approximatly 190hp/181tq, thats incedible gains for just an intake on an NA dont yall think? Of course it had to be tuned after that though or it would lean right?

I believe that it is an Impreza and they are using the factory MAF housing.

I think it's def worth looking into. Some guys are looking to shake a few HP loose and go faster. I was thinking of just getting alum piping from my air box to the engine. Maybe increase flow with larger piping and a AVO filter. I've seen some pics of that type of setup around here.

Guest subiecity
+1 did that already along with a blue cusco radiator plate, to go along with 3 blue intake clapmps i used ima post a pic tomorrow

<snip> you will throw a CEL if you use anything but the factory box and MAF. <snip>

Has anyone tried using an Impreza MAF tube with the Legacy wire? This may get us around the issue of adapting piping to the stock air box. Another thing, anyone get into their ECM to see why a CEL is tripped with an open air element filter (i.e.- air flow outside parameters or what)? Just do'in some thinkin'.

Has anyone tried using an Impreza MAF tube with the Legacy wire? This may get us around the issue of adapting piping to the stock air box. Another thing, anyone get into their ECM to see why a CEL is tripped with an open air element filter (i.e.- air flow outside parameters or what)? Just do'in some thinkin'.

I know with the pre 06 Imprezas they had different size diameter MAF tubes.

thats about right for a NA lego. LGTs only dyno at 180-190 whp

Uh no. A stock 05-06 5MT LGT will dyno at 200 whp +/- 10 whp on a Dynojet. The vast majority are over 200 whp. You will never find a properly running 5MT LGT dynoing 180 whp on a Dynojet unless it's at high altitude with no correction factor applied.

Archived