LegacyGT.com

Any repaint their Leggy?

LordJim

To change the color and do it right, like $5k+, to retouch up the paint on the car, ~$2k to do it right, probably more.

aka, dont do it unless you have to, or get it touched up and invest in some clear bra.

^ n00bs below this line

Thats why I got a hood protector on my LGT. No scratches whatsoever on my paint.....

I have a full clearbra but still have plenty rockchips. Some are right through the clearbra. I guess not many people actually drive their LGT's to the mountains for skiing/boarding very much. I have mudflaps also but the body at the bottom in front of the rear wheels is totally sandblasted from driving up to MtHood. Maybe salting the roads is better than sanding ? Oh well Im over it now....

Jim

Eh... you drive em and you're going to get chips and scratches... it's just going to happen.

FWIW... Aftermarket paint is never as durable as OEM paint... so I'd stick with the factory paint job as long as you can.

FWIW... Aftermarket paint is never as durable as OEM paint... so I'd stick with the factory paint job as long as you can.

You think so? Given that the factory paint is soft as hell and swirls when you look at it funny, I figured that even the Macco $299 job would be better. (Not really, but I do imagine that a paint job from a reputable shop would be better than the factory paint).

-

Jim

Nope... trust me on this one. OEM paint is formulated for temperature curing (ie- it's a bake cure). Refinish is made to cure at ambient (or close to ambient) temperatures. The hardness won't be the same and it won't last as long.

Maybe salting the roads is better than sanding ?

Jim

hell no. I would much rather have chips than rust. rust = the destroyer of automobiles.

my lgt has been up to Mt. Bachelor probably 60 times in it's life. I have a full clear bra and hardly any chips. the plastic panels in front of the rear wheels are pretty blasted though. If I could do it over again I would run Rally Armor flaps in the winter.

hell no. I would much rather have chips than rust. rust = the destroyer of automobiles.

my lgt has been up to Mt. Bachelor probably 60 times in it's life. I have a full clear bra and hardly any chips. the plastic panels in front of the rear wheels are pretty blasted though. If I could do it over again I would run Rally Armor flaps in the winter.

I know from growing up in wisconsin salt is the worst.....but if subaru wants to advertise their cars for skiing they should use paint that can take the abuse.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
I repainted my fog light surrounds a different color, that count? :lol:

http://clem.mscd.edu/~mcquiggc/mod2.jpg

My majik 8 Ball says maybe... but only about 1.6%.

The rest of the car should still be "good luck", so long as you don't beat the crap outta that tranny (Like someone we both know did to a WRX:icon_mrgr )

Cheers-

D

Archived