LegacyGT.com

Do I have a Legacy or an Outback?

I had an '06 Legacy that I traded in on an Outback Sedan.

Now do I have a Legacy on steroids, or do I have an Outback without the wagon part? It looks just like my old Legacy but with a few minor cosmetic changes...:icon_conf

You have a Legacy on kryptonite.

I thought about it -- but I needed the ground clearance -- my 06' Legacy didn't quite cut it (great car however:icon_wink) I live in pothole ridden mountainous area.

that actually makes perfect sense given your location

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

OMFG - another Montana member? Sweet. Welcome Anacompton! :D

You have an Outback IMO. The major difference between the two to me is suspension...the rest is just show/preference. You can get both in wagon/sedan, colors are no longer significant, etc.

FWIW - I would recommend upgrading your swaybars - you can keep all of your "heightened" ride quality while improving body sway considerably with a 19 or 20mm sway in the rear...getting back most of what you lost from your Legacy.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I gotta a feeling SOA may be thinking about creating a separate product line for Outback versus Legacy. The cars won't be any more different than today but, the Outback will be marketed to the "outdoorsy" type swhile the Legacy will be marketed to the Hi performance sedan types.

The Si sedan (like mine) will be marketed to the wannabes.

OMFG - another Montana member? Sweet. Welcome Anacompton! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome -- you must be from the Bo-zone?

I've had 4 new Subies is the last two years and like ALL of them.

Great dealership in Butte!

What does the badge say on the back of the car? Cause that's what you have :p

The Outback (sedan and wagon) IMO has always been a Legacy with a few extra bits. So, yeah, either description works.

Doesn't say ANYTHING --- before I drove it off the lot I debadged it and gave the letters back to the dealer.:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

I gotta a feeling SOA may be thinking about creating a separate product line for Outback versus Legacy.

See Outback Sport http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=OUTBACK&trim=SPORT

Seriously, even the local dealers refused to believe that SOA made an Outback Impreza. It was like they couldn't see it.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

The one where you said you debadged it?... You don't remember if you removed an Outback label or not? :confused:

Yep, it had some letters on the left and the right side of the trunk. Didn't pay attention to what they said -- all I know is that I wanted them OFF. I've done that with every car that I purchased over the past 15 years.

FWIW - I would recommend upgrading your swaybars - you can keep all of your "heightened" ride quality while improving body sway considerably with a 19 or 20mm sway in the rear...getting back most of what you lost from your Legacy.

I'll have to consider that. Where did you pick up the 19 or 20mm? Seems a little heavy to me.

Yep, it had some letters on the left and the right side of the trunk. Didn't pay attention to what they said -- all I know is that I wanted them OFF. I've done that with every car that I purchased over the past 15 years.

OH! and BTW don't try to take off the six star oval Subi emblem :icon_cool it has a 3/8 inch hole under it!

Archived