LegacyGT.com

Applying Rockblocker to 05-07 headlights?

Atroz

HI,

I got a clear bra put on the front end of my 07 GT wagon, but the company didn't do headlights. I can order a Rockblocker kit for the headlights & foglights and do it myself. Never having done this myself, I'm wondering how difficult it is? With the bulge on the headlight, it would seem that it could be challenging to stretch/shrink the film just right.

Anybody got an opinion on this? Shall I spend the $40US and give it a try? Or go find another shop and get them to do it?

AdvTHANKSance

well, i have a set but haven't tried to install them yet. the material is very difficult to handle if you haven't done this before. I've worked with vinyl for a long time, and i did a terrible job installing the kit on my LGT (first try). if there is a local place that can do it for you, i'd probably suggest going with that. if not, it's $40, just make sure you have a good squeegee and a heat gun.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I installed the headlight/fog light protection film myself. However, I've played with the 3M paint protection film in the past so I have some experience. Since you've never installed something like this before, I'd suggest you just pay someone to install the headlight film (otherwise you may end up having to buy a replacement set + install). You can probably install the fog light film without too much hassle, though.

-Mike-

• 1 year later...
I have a related question about installing the headlamp cover. If you need to remove it, how do you go about doing it, particularly if it's been on there for a few years? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Related to this, and probably very similar... how does one go about removing a clear bra? my new 05 has one and it's making me crazy, part around the scoop is lifted and has dirt collecting under the film.

+ its kind its taking a slightly yellow tint.

Archived