LegacyGT.com

JDM ACC Controller.. CLICK ME!

MaStaMooN

Would you donate money for this to happen?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate money for this to happen?

• Yes
    • No

I'm working on this through another channel. No promises it will make it off the ground though.

I have an EE friend that loves doing this stuff. Lately his attention has been on the 'vette community as they spend a lot to keep their cars stock.

I think I set the hook fairly well when I explained that this applies to all legacy chassis cars not just the Turbo models. When he counted23 legacies (OBs, LGT, and Leggys) during our lunch, he seemed VERY interested.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm working on this through another channel. No promises it will make it off the ground though.

I have an EE friend that loves doing this stuff. Lately his attention has been on the 'vette community as they spend a lot to keep their cars stock.

I think I set the hook fairly well when I explained that this applies to all legacy chassis cars not just the Turbo models. When he counted23 legacies (OBs, LGT, and Leggys) during our lunch, he seemed VERY interested.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Cool... keep the pressure on him! :) If he needs anything, let us know.

But I don't see why many people see these roadblacks as the end of the world when it comes to aftermarket integration. The cubby is easily adapted (with a little skill by an experienced installer, nothing exotic) for both single and double din headunits. That location, IMO, is better for the DD units because of its elevated line of sight.

The only personal investment I have in the JDM controls is to remove the dead OEM radio from my dash and redevelop that realestate into some storage and gauge placement. My audio/video/NAV needs have been solved for well over a year. w/o waiting for any parts to become available.

For me, its a long the same lines as wanting the AC controls on the proper side. Driving around in a car with two radios, one of which is dead, in it just screams hack to me, lol... Plus, i see the cubby as a great place for a number of things: A center channel speaker if i feel like putting in surround, an RUX controller for the Alpine processor unit i want, gauges, etc... And not for nothing, but i actually like the cubby being there, haha.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but chances are that the JDM piece will just plug in into MY2008 USDM cars. Remember JDM got Dual ACC only for Rev.D cars (MY2007), and the USDM cars are one year behind (with the exception of SI-Drive and updated gauges).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived