LegacyGT.com

Am I paranoid "swoosh pish"

Mr. Ed

My gauge reads about -20 at idle also. After doing the UP/DP the car definitely got louder. Idle, spool, blowoff, wastegate flutter...etc

Someone also mentioned a rattle... I've got that same problem. Either a heatshield or the resonator maybe? It's really annoying and sounds like crap at idle/low rpms.

This is what I am hearing accross the board...and yes this is my 1st turbo car and fist car I have taken catless. (ive opened up the exhaust on everything I have owned over the past 15 years) I literally have no restriction from the turbo back to the pipes.

hell I AM STILL LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE IT!!!! For months I haven't been taking the full advantage of the turbo. apparently I was shifting too quickly.

I did find a pin hole in one of the welds on the Lachutte, but surely that wouldn't be casuing problems.

AP boost reads -7 to -9 yes,

guage reads -20

I thank you guys for responding, I was about to take the guage back as I thought it was bad.

I love the site and love that so many people respoded with ideas of what to check.

Still working on getting some vids posted of the exhaust and what not... the gf isn't to excited about standing out in the rain tonight with the camera so maybe tomorrow!

Surprised the gauge reads that much of a difference.

BTW what psi should I be reading for:

Stock

Cobb Stg 2

TDC Stg 2

Last time I checked with the AP I was running about 13 on cobb stg 2

thus my concern and reason for posting. it must be something with the cheap guauges, or simply a difference in the mechanical vs. obd readings.

my guess on the 13 psi you are seeing on the cobb is

1. surely you are having a passenger read the thing or you have found some way to set it up so that it is not only visible but safe for driving :icon_mrgr

2. do you have a cat back as well, that may be why I am seeing the extra 2 psi, who knows?

3. you may also drive more conservatively. I drive my leggy hard. I have hit 17 PSI a few times(cobb reading)

I am sure someone has much better advice reasoning than me, but hey, how else will I learn

I've heard where you tap for the line in for the boost gauge will result in a ~1-2 psi difference in comparison with the AP. I remembering seeing about a -7--9psi under non boost conditions but I think I remember seeing idle as something lower(closer to 0) then what you guys are reporting, but I may just be getting old.

1. But of course :)

2. No catback, but I am running a TDC stage 2. I may go stg 1 hog zwast soon so that might get rid of some back pressure.

3. Not sure if driving style influenced it as I was specifically testing the AP on a straight in 3rd gear on an open road (with a passanger of course).

NM I forgot I am in Denver, so that should screw up some pressure numbers.

I've heard where you tap for the line in for the boost gauge will result in a ~1-2 psi difference in comparison with the AP. I remembering seeing about a -7--9psi under non boost conditions but I think I remember seeing idle as something lower(closer to 0) then what you guys are reporting, but I may just be getting old.

1. But of course :)

2. No catback, but I am running a TDC stage 2. I may go stg 1 hog zwast soon so that might get rid of some back pressure.

3. Not sure if driving style influenced it as I was specifically testing the AP on a straight in 3rd gear on an open road (with a passanger of course).

NM I forgot I am in Denver, so that should screw up some pressure numbers.

denver...good point.

stage 1 hog zwast..... I am going to have to figure out this hog thing, cause me no understandy

the thread is over 1100 posts long!! i'd say yeah, if not for just shits and giggles, people are doing it

hey if it works...teho right?

i'd prolly do it for grins if I hadn't already made up the custom set up i have

Archived