LegacyGT.com

Portugal Barn Find...

Imagine you live in Portugal and you're moving into a lovely farm house on a large swath of land. The place has been empty for 15 years! While exploring your new property you find a large barn in the trees. The door is welded shut, so you grind the welds off...

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/

:icon_eek:

I found a $20 once. However, my Dad did pull a very early build MGA out of a garage...it was notable because it was painted the horribly ugly teal color that all the US dealers painted over when the cars arrived stateside.

-Ryan

Damn.

Just damn.

That reminds me of a recurring dream I have...

I meet some nice older mechanic who runs a service shop out of an old building... nice guy, likes working on old cadillacs, and stuff.

I am looking around, and ask him about a car with a dirty cover on it in the corner.

the old guy says... "yeah. some guy left that car here. Said something about having to "get rid of everything..." that was a few years ago. I don't know what it is. I am not even sure it runs."

I peel back the cover, and it is some sort of obscure, beautiful sports car... Most of the time, a dusty McLaren F1 (my favorite), or an ecurie ecosse Jag C-type or an XJ13, or something.

Sometimes I get to buy it for a couple hundred dollars before I wake up, and try to get back to sleep as fast as possible. Good car dream.

I can't imagine finding a cache of old cars in a barn in REALITY. That has to be wild!

Damn.

Just damn.

That reminds me of a recurring dream I have...

I meet some nice older mechanic who runs a service shop out of an old building... nice guy, likes working on old cadillacs, and stuff.

I am looking around, and ask him about a car with a dirty cover on it in the corner.

the old guy says... "yeah. some guy left that car here. Said something about having to "get rid of everything..." that was a few years ago. I don't know what it is. I am not even sure it runs."

I peel back the cover, and it is some sort of obscure, beautiful sports car... Most of the time, a dusty McLaren F1 (my favorite), or an ecurie ecosse Jag C-type or an XJ13, or something.

Sometimes I get to buy it for a couple hundred dollars before I wake up, and try to get back to sleep as fast as possible. Good car dream.

I can't imagine finding a cache of old cars in a barn in REALITY. That has to be wild!

something similiar actually happened to a guy i knew i Florida, some older guy came in one day and left his car for repairs and never returned.

i could only imagine he passed away, but 4 years passed and no next of kin came to get the car... he didnt leave any info or anything.

it was an old British car, cant recall the name. The guy who owned the shop said he was going to try to search for the guys family.

Archived