LegacyGT.com

VDC now standard on the 2.5 i models

I'm not sure if this applies to the US spec. cars as well, but here in Europe/Norway it is confirmed that VDC (traction control, stability system) will be standard equipment also on the 2.5 engine models. Previously this has not even been an option, and you had to buy the 3.0 litre engine to get this.

That is interesting news. The current VDC system requires VTD. Subaru doesn't have a ESP system that works with manual trannies and other forms of automatics. Perhaps they're going to adopt a ABS-based system like most of the cars on the road today. Ken

In Germany there is now the Legacy 3.0R Spec. B with the 6-speed available and it brings VDC as standard with it. So the VDC combined with automatic thing seems to be over. I can fully switch off the VDC on my Legacy 3.0R (with 5EAT). Never really that because till now the VDC only had to it's work in 2 situations. And in one situation that I provoked I was happy with the way it worked. It is nice to have it, but it only seems to come on when the driving style is much too spirited. :D The manual says that in some snowy situations it may be more efficient if the VDC is turned off because it will slow down the car too much.

Archived