LegacyGT.com

What has your car been incorrectly IDed as??

ANashTy

scion & camry mostly (when I had my sedan). When I took my sedan in for an inspection the guy said "I thought it was a new mustang at 1st" :confused: 4-door mustang huh?
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I had one guy waving at me to roll down my window... thinkin he was pissed at me for some reason. But after a couple of repeats I finally understood him as saying "that don't look like no Subaru" with a thumbs up too.

I was getting ready to flip him off until I used my ghetto lingo filter to get what he was saying

not nearly an incorrect ID, but I was walking behind some kids at my college thru the parking lot at my school.

The kid says to his friends, "thats a nice subaru." and then to show off his apparent knowledge of cars says "Its got a supercharger in it"

I kindly say "its not a supercharger, its a turbocharger....i know cuz its my car"

He stares at me for a second, puzzled, and then responds with "then what is the hood scoop for?"

I just shook my head and kept walking. Apparently his excellent knowledge of cars is not so great. I got a kick out of it tho, and it was my first compliment from a random person :icon_bigg

The sanitation department woke me up one morning as the truck idled outside and 5 guys stood around the car wondering what it was. I peeked through my blinds and could hear them guessing Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi. One guy finally walked around the back and loudly said "Oh, Subaru!" Made me feel good as they walked away in awe saying how nice the car is.

Since buying my Legacy in late 2005 I have seen more people in this neighborhood with Subarus. I live in an urban area dominated for years by Hondas and Toyotas so to see more Subarus around here is a real shock. :D

Don't mock my 173 horses of asphalt scorching fuel guzzling AWD power. ;)

A hood scoop would probably have them dumping trash in it, so no thank you. :D

BTW, I just noticed that really sexy car in your avatar also lacks a hood scoop and most likely a turbo. lol

Guest subiecity

last nigth i was out at cvs gettin sum random supplies, i come out and theres a cvx worker standing in front of my car when i came out, to be "cool" i clicked my aslarm to show it was my car , i went up to him said hi and he started talkin to me about how he does soo much work on cars and this car is friggan sweet but "ive never seen this b4" what is it?...i said take a guess.................................

he goes....audi....i reply no.......again..honda...no....saab...no...i reply, keep tryin go ahead.....then he starts again, mistubishi? NO....toyota?.....i said keep goin cuz theres not too many car companies left......welll bmw? OMFFG...OH WAIT I KNO NOW ITS AN INFINITY!!!!! i said look at the back of the car.....he walks back there and sees it debadged.......he still didnt kno...i pointed to the subaru sticker in the middle of the trunk and he stares and looks...OMFG IS THIS THE NEW BODY STYLE FOR THE STI?????...................omfg its a goodam suabru legacy....he was soo dumb founded, as he replies oh i couldnt tell cuz its lower.............................omfg i thought i was stupid

last nigth i was out at cvs gettin sum random supplies, i come out and theres a cvx worker standing in front of my car when i came out, to be "cool" i clicked my aslarm to show it was my car , i went up to him said hi and he started talkin to me about how he does soo much work on cars and this car is friggan sweet but "ive never seen this b4" what is it?...i said take a guess.................................

he goes....audi....i reply no.......again..honda...no....saab...no...i reply, keep tryin go ahead.....then he starts again, mistubishi? NO....toyota?.....i said keep goin cuz theres not too many car companies left......welll bmw? OMFFG...OH WAIT I KNO NOW ITS AN INFINITY!!!!! i said look at the back of the car.....he walks back there and sees it debadged.......he still didnt kno...i pointed to the subaru sticker in the middle of the trunk and he stares and looks...OMFG IS THIS THE NEW BODY STYLE FOR THE STI?????...................omfg its a goodam suabru legacy....he was soo dumb founded, as he replies oh i couldnt tell cuz its lower.............................omfg i thought i was stupid

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that is the most funny "incorrect ID" guess i've ever heard.

"OMFG IS THIS THE NEW BODY STYLE FOR THE STI?????"

Archived