LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy GT vs. 2006 Legacy GT Spec B??

john_rt

I'd go for the base LGT over the Spec-B any day. The base LGT offers better value. You may want to look into a '06 Base LGT and get an even better deal, assuming you will keep it for a long time and depreciation is less of a factor for you..

+1

You can get the better suspension than SpecB for less than $1000 (sans the alu pieces) and still save lotsa cabbage for not getting the lame nav, lame red leather, lame size tires.

And it's not faster, of course.

2007 SpecB different story (6MT).

+1

You can get the better suspension than SpecB for less than $1000 (sans the alu pieces) and still save lotsa cabbage for not getting the lame nav, lame red leather, lame size tires.

The Spec. suspension was priced out at well over $2k. The aluminum bits are key. 18" wheels w/ better rubber. The Nav. works great. The brick red seats are teh classy.

And it is faster according to published 0-60 and quarter mile times. And that with the larger diameter tires which should be an acceleration penalty. A dynoed 07 Spec.B showed more power than the LGT which would explain the quicker times posted by the previous year's Spec.

BTW, the 06 Spec.B also gets better mileage than the LGT due the larger tires which let it cruise @75 mph turning 3000 rpm.

A dynoed 07 Spec.B showed more power than the LGT which would explain the quicker times posted by the previous year's Spec.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/travesmilies/smilie_kopf.gif

Thanks for all the info...well, mostly opinions :).

I decided on the 2007 LGT and will be picking it up from the states tomorrow which is crappy for me as it is supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow. But I don't want it to sit in the dealership over the weekend so come hell or high water...its coming home :D

Even if I just sit in my garage and stare at it.

I had a test drive yesterday and was very happy. The interior looked even better than I expected and I got the Diamond grey color which I love so all is good.

Thanks all

• 2 years later...
+1

2007 SpecB different story (6MT).

+1 to the suspension mod. :rolleyes:

Nav? I used sti gauge pack!

Red leather? Ugliest thing I've ever seen.

18" wheels? 17 is good enough.

better summer rubber? How much a set of summer rubber on tirerack. eh? $2000? ;)

Archived