LegacyGT.com

EVO X vs Legacy GT?

Waylander

I don't care for the styling, but it sounds like it will be a very fun car (though perhaps not as your daily driver). The Legacy is a much tamer, more livable daily driver. As others have said, it is really tough to compare them.

Subaru had better have their act together on the next STI.

An Evo is made for racing. A Legacy GT is not. An F-16 was originally made for Air to Air combat (dogfighting), an F-15 was made for long range defense and attack. Since dogfighting is obsolete, F-16's have been transformed for different roles. So you can turn a Legacy GT into a race car, but thats not what its made for.

Mitsubishi has an Evo, Subaru has an STI.

An Evo is made for racing. A Legacy GT is not. An F-16 was originally made for Air to Air combat (dogfighting), an F-15 was made for long range defense and attack. Since dogfighting is obsolete, F-16's have been transformed for different roles. So you can turn a Legacy GT into a race car, but thats not what its made for.

Mitsubishi has an Evo, Subaru has an STI.

Finally someone who understands the F15 F16 analogy...

yes they're both fighter jets but built to do completely different things, just like the Evo and Legacy, hence the pointless comparison.

Ed

I happen to own an Evo as well as an LGT and I have driven several other Evos and LGTs as well.

I can tell you that they are designed for completely different purposes.

Evo Advantages:

While the LGT also has very good handling, The Evo takes handling to a different level altogether. Also the Evo has more communicative Steering, Brakes and Gearshift. Evo is faster once the boost is on.

LGT Advantages:

The Subaru way better than the Evo in many ways including ride comfort, interior quality, NVH and features. LGT also has a little less Turbo lag which is nice in everyday driving.

If your plan to combine street driving with Track/Autocross, go for the Evo. If you want a fun car for the street only, the LGT is the way to go.

You are much better of comparing the Evo against the STi or the LGT against the MS6!

Has anyone read the most recent Sport Compact Car about the Evo X. The one they drove is technically the "Portotype X" but it's essentially the same car. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and if they offer Nav and leather seats like the top of the line new-gen Lancer does, it will actually be really nice on the inside. It will be interesting to see how this new Doubel clutch tranny holds up, especially to modification. The toughest part is going to be cracking the ecu that controls it because it is also monitoring every other function on the car for shifting purposes. I'm a retard about that knowledge, but that article is pretty informative.

Finally someone who understands the F15 F16 analogy...

yes they're both fighter jets but built to do completely different things, just like the Evo and Legacy, hence the pointless comparison.

Ed

I just didn't care!*

*yeah, i didn't get it.

Archived