LegacyGT.com

6 Speed Transmission Conversion on my '05

sti_lust

YOU DON'T NEED ANY HUBS. I MEAN **ANY**. OR CAN'T FIT THEM FOR THAT MATTER. Wasn't above clear? A little bit of research avoids these questions, plus what works on Impreza doesn't automatically work on Legacy.

Stock front axles fit. If your tranny has axle stubs, just pull them out, and buy male axle specific axle seals. For the rear if you want R180 your only tried option are SpecB axles. Well, perhaps, unsure about it, it would be possible to Frankenstein rear axles from stock axles and STI axles - that's what SpecB axles really are.

The studs I am talking about are for mounting diff to the subframe, nowhere near wheels. Get under the car and it will be obvious.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand what you meant about the studs... Im just trying to figure out what else I need for this and by what you're telling me, I need a new driveshaft, longer studs, and spec b axles. I apologize if you misunderstood me. I just asked if the axles I already have are useless to me and I guess the short answer is yes

You will also need SpecB shifter assembly, downpipe support bracket, and the yoke for the rear diff I already mentioned, clutch slave cylinder and STI/SpecB clutch hydraulic line.

You can see if you can Frankenstein the axles, it may be possible.

So basically you do not feel like the 2nd gear is too short...you just have the cool 6th gear for highway but in city traffic you shift just as much as you did with a 5MT ?

Sorry for the thread revival. I bumped into this looking for a clue on my clutch supplier issues.

2nd and 3rd are fantastic. Amazing. The only gear that's disappointing on the 6mt is 1st. It's a bit short. Really only useful for breaking inertia, then you need to hotfoot to 2nd. Otherwise, it really is a wonderful gearbox.

As for the whole "one shift to 60" nonsense. 2nd with the 6mt gets you to 58+ at fuel cutoff. If you really need that 1.5 mph, get a life.;)

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived